Exploring the Meaning of Sexy and its Gender Stereotypes

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
In summary, a sexy woman is intelligent, sensitive, loyal, attentive, athletic, old, sickly, and very wealthy. They also have a "naughty side" and can blush when their "side is revealed."
BobG said:
What makes a woman sexy? High heels. Especially those with real skinny stilleto heels. Considering the difficulty in calculating the moments of inertia when carrying a purse filled with enough supplies to cross the desert, the differences in torque created by walking, escpecially across a parking lot on a windy day, you just know a woman in those skinny high heels has to be great at calculus. :rofl:
BobG, I am going to take a picture of myself in my shiny 5" high patent leather red pumps holding my transcripts showing my "A+"s in calculus, and send it to you. I was thinking about putting on my sheer, black, back-seamed silk stockings and running a slide rule up my leg in the photo, but I think that might kill you. :rofl:

Physics news on Phys.org
Math Is Hard said:
BobG, I am going to take a picture of myself in my shiny 5" high patent leather red pumps holding my transcripts showing my "A+"s in calculus, and send it to you. I was thinking about putting on my sheer, black, back-seamed silk stockings and running a slide rule up my leg in the photo, but I think that might kill you. :rofl:
Dang MIH, I think you just killed off half the men reading this. :biggrin:

We really do need to do that PF calendar! MIH can be the centerfold! :tongue2:

Evo said:
Dang MIH, I think you just killed off half the men reading this. :biggrin:

We really do need to do that PF calendar! MIH can be the centerfold! :tongue2:

hee hee.. thanks, Evo, but I think the "gatefold" shot truly belongs to Humanino. I have already cleared wall-space in my office for it! :biggrin:

The clothes, hair and posture can make or break a sexy woman.

Math Is Hard said:
hee hee.. thanks, Evo, but I think the "gatefold" shot truly belongs to Humanino. I have already cleared wall-space in my office for it! :biggrin:
Ah, yes, our PF Men of 2005 calendar! :tongue2:

We need to remind these guys that they commited to being in the calendar! :biggrin:

Evo said:
What is attractive varies greatly from one person to the next. Take for instance that idiot couple Nick and Jessica on tv. That Nick guy is creepy looking. I guess some women find him attractive? :yuck: A lot of men that are supposedly "attractive", I find revolting.

A mans personality and intelligence is what makes him attractive as far as I am concerned. I know a lot of women that would agree.

I find that men usually are more drawn to a woman based first on looks, second on personality and intelligence. I can't count the number of men I know that are in horrible relationships with terrible women but remain with them because "they're hot". :confused:
That's why I love the internet. I could SERIOUSLY fall in love with someone online before ever seeing or touching or tasting them in real life. And the relationship would be stronger because you can have a relationship for a while before jumping into bed. Get to know the real person first. ahhh, I feel like such a girl right now. quick someone send a hooker and a steak to my place right now before it's too late and I become completely soft.

Last edited:
Also, and please correct me if I'm wrong, maybe I'm good looking in real life, but here, online, is where I shine. I am amazingly attractive. Everbody wants a piece of the tribdog.

tribdog said:
That's why I love the internet. I could SERIOUSLY fall in love with someone online before ever seeing or touching or tasting them in real life. And the relationship would be stronger because you can have a relationship for a while before jumping into bed. Get to know the real person first. ahhh, I feel like such a girl right now. quick someone send a hooker and a steak to my place right now before it's too late and I become completely soft.

Who ever expected the internet would be the medium to return us to traditional values of getting to know each other through dating before jumping into bed?!

Moonbear said:
Who ever expected the internet would be the medium to return us to traditional values of getting to know each other through dating before jumping into bed?!
don't get me wrong, I'm still going to ravish you like Gahndi after his hunger strike. But getting to know someone is cool too.

tribdog said:
Also, and please correct me if I'm wrong, maybe I'm good looking in real life, but here, online, is where I shine. I am amazingly attractive. Everbody wants a piece of the tribdog.

a/s/l??/?//

That made me laugh though. Because I thoroughly agree.

tribdog said:
don't get me wrong, I'm still going to ravish you like Gahndi after his hunger strike. But getting to know someone is cool too.

You ravished Ghandi after his hunger strike? :rofl:

guru's turn me on

tribdog said:
guru's turn me on

I'll have to warn Les to watch his back around you. :biggrin:

look at Moonbear, playing hard to get.

Intelligence, intelligence, intelligence. If I can have a decent enough conversation with a girl, she's good enough for me. For me it is intelligence first, followed by personality and lastly physical attractiveness.

I especially like it when a girl can do something better than me. If she knows something that I do not, then she can teach me and vice-versa. This mutual-sharing of experiences is something that I like a lot.

I've seen some of the super-hot girls at our school. Every single time I was turned off by their personality, despite their looks. I stay far away from the girls who focus on physical beauty in men because I probably don't fit their standards. Sure I am a runner and all and I have a strong cardiovascular system, but I am not much of a weightlifter and I do not have those massive arms and chest muscles that those models have.

motai said:
Intelligence, intelligence, intelligence. If I can have a decent enough conversation with a girl, she's good enough for me. For me it is intelligence first, followed by personality and lastly physical attractiveness.

I especially like it when a girl can do something better than me. If she knows something that I do not, then she can teach me and vice-versa. This mutual-sharing of experiences is something that I like a lot.

I've seen some of the super-hot girls at our school. Every single time I was turned off by their personality, despite their looks. I stay far away from the girls who focus on physical beauty in men because I probably don't fit their standards. Sure I am a runner and all and I have a strong cardiovascular system, but I am not much of a weightlifter and I do not have those massive arms and chest muscles that those models have.
I don't know, you sound like you believe what you are saying, but... I'm not trying to be rude here...I don't know if I buy it. Sounds a little too pc.

tribdog said:
I don't know, you sound like you believe what you are saying, but... I'm not trying to be rude here...I don't know if I buy it. Sounds a little too pc.

He's hoping the rumors are true about the quiet, intellectual women. :wink:

Moonbear said:
He's hoping the rumors are true about the quiet, intellectual women. :wink:

That they exist ? :confused:

LOL! made a noise at that one

Gokul43201 said:
That they exist ? :confused:

*bops Gokul with the Nerf bat*

Hmm...I can give the illusion I'm quiet, but you're right, quiet and intellectual don't really go together very often. :rofl:

Math Is Hard said:

Oh, I've considered you to be pretty hot ever since you revealed you collect calculators. Now, if you'd just make the switch from digital to analog (I worry about one of those VHS-Beta type relationships, you know).

You should try just one. It's not just setting up your slide rule for the law of sines and realizing that you've solved every single triangle that ever had those same three angles, or setting up your slide rule's index on the 'c' value of your quadratic formula and realizing that you've solved every single quadratic equation that ever had that value of 'c'.

It's the slide action of a good bamboo slide rule. If it's taken care of, bamboo has a 50 to 75 year life time and just gets better and better for decades. Bamboo slide rules are very sensuous.

Now, a picture of you actually using a bamboo slide rule. Yes, that would definitely kill me.
:rofl:

Intelligent, confident and modest, dark haired, dark eyed, slender male, knows who he is and what he wants is the sexiest thing !

I sometimes think -well this kind of thing comes to you when you see one- man who has moderate scars looks sexy. But, it is a rare thing...

when did you ever see me?