Calculate Velocity with Given/No Acceleration - Get Help Here!

• Thread starter r-soy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mean
In summary, to calculate velocity with given acceleration, use the formula v = u + at, where v is the final velocity, u is the initial velocity, a is the acceleration, and t is the time. If there is no acceleration, use the formula v = d/t, where v is the velocity, d is the distance, and t is the time. Different units can be used for velocity and acceleration as long as they are compatible. If the initial velocity is not given, use the formula v = at with the given acceleration and time. However, if the distance is given instead of time, use the formula v^2 = u^2 + 2ad. There is a difference between average velocity and instantaneous velocity, with
r-soy
what is that mean :

Use Formula v = changing of x / changing of v when don't given acceleration :

but use Formula :
v = v0 + at when given acceleration

please I want the help

thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
I think you mean:

speed = distance / time
If the speed is constant, so no acceleration

And final V = starting V + acceleration * time
When there there is acceleration

thanks my dear

1. How do I calculate velocity with given acceleration?

To calculate velocity with given acceleration, you can use the formula v = u + at, where v is the final velocity, u is the initial velocity, a is the acceleration, and t is the time. Simply input the given values into the formula and solve for the final velocity.

2. How do I calculate velocity with no acceleration?

If there is no acceleration, then the velocity will remain constant. Therefore, to calculate velocity with no acceleration, you can use the formula v = d/t, where v is the velocity, d is the distance, and t is the time. Simply input the given values into the formula and solve for the velocity.

3. Can I use different units for velocity and acceleration?

Yes, you can use different units for velocity and acceleration as long as they are compatible. For example, if the velocity is given in meters per second (m/s), the acceleration should also be given in meters per second squared (m/s^2).

4. What if I don't have the initial velocity?

If you don't have the initial velocity, you can still calculate the final velocity with the given acceleration and time using the formula v = at. However, if you have the distance instead of the time, you can use the formula v^2 = u^2 + 2ad, where v is the final velocity, u is the initial velocity, a is the acceleration, and d is the distance.

5. Is there a difference between average velocity and instantaneous velocity?

Yes, there is a difference between average velocity and instantaneous velocity. Average velocity is the total displacement divided by the total time, while instantaneous velocity is the velocity at a specific moment in time. In other words, average velocity gives an overall picture of the motion, while instantaneous velocity gives information about the motion at a specific point in time.