1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is the correction use to determine marine gravity anomaly

1. Dec 14, 2011 #1
    Dear sir/ma'am,
    I am a bachelor of Survey Science and Geomatic student from Malaysia. This is my final year and I have to complete a research, where my research is about to evaluate marine gravity and satellite altimetry data on coastal region.

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I am in the middle of processing a satellite altimetry data on coastal region. I am using basic radar altimetry tool software and using Jason2 satellite coastal product. The problem is I do not know what correction and formulas involve in this process.

2. Relevant equations

1) What is the formulas or correction can I use to put in the field expression to determine marine gravity anomaly using basic radar altimetry tool (BRAT) software?
    2) What type of data in the 'dataset' should I choose for this process?

3. The attempt at a solution

I have try to use SSHA data to execute the process, the result come out in error.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?