What is the difference between Visual Studio .Net 2005 and Visual Studio 2005?

• Thread starter M.R.
  • Start date
Are they the same thing? :confused:

Answers and Replies

Almost!
One has .Net framework and the other doesn't.
(prolly VS2005 will be packaged with .Net integrated within itself)

what is .net framework?
(Copy pasting a std definition ...)
A platform for building, deploying, and running XML Web Services and other applications. It provides a highly productive, standards-based, multi-language environment for integrating existing investments with next-generation applications and services, as well as the agility to solve the challenges of deployment and operation of Internet-scale applications. The Microsoft .NET Framework consists of three main parts: the Common Language Runtime, the .NET Framework class library, and ASP.NET. A companion infrastructure, the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework, is a set of programming interfaces that enable developers to target mobile devices like smart phones and PDAs.

-- AI

Do you know why Visual Studio is so big compares to other developer's tool?

M.R. said:
Do you know why Visual Studio is so big compares to other developer's tool?
Hello, M.R. I am wondering a bit as to why you are thinking it is bigger. Can you tel me what developer's tools you are implying in your comparison ?

Visual Studio 2005 Team System's system requirement is 3.7GB. Isn't it a little too big compares to Dev-C++ or even Borland C++?

Of course I know VS .Net is not only included C/C++. But why it's so big?