Can Breeding Give Meaning to Our Lives?

• Thread starter FlowerPUA
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary, the conversation covers the topic of the meaning and purpose of life. The participants discuss how the concept of being has different meanings for everyone and that there are various definitions of life. One person suggests that the purpose of life is to reproduce and another argues that if someone truly knew the purpose of life, they wouldn't be wasting time on a message board. The conversation also touches on the idea of living a fulfilling life and the presenter shares their view that the meaning of life is to be kind, healthy, and peaceful. The topic of death is also briefly mentioned, with one person stating that it is the opposite of being. The conversation ends with a lighthearted comment about mating and the importance of reproduction in the cycle of
FlowerPUA
To be.

Physics news on Phys.org
exactly! TO BE, now being means some thing different for every body...

I looked it up in the dictionary and "life" has about 20 different meanings.

By life, one usually mean something that can self-replicate, metabolism, undergo Darwinian evolution etc.

Do you want the meaning of life or the purpose?

Reproduce in bulk.

If someone knew the purpose (meaning) of life, we won't be here wasting our time on a message board. lol

Up to you dude.

scarecrow said:
If someone knew the purpose (meaning) of life, we won't be here wasting our time on a message board. lol

This guy does :approve:

Last edited by a moderator:
The purpose of life is to live isn't it?

If you're not doing something that you consider living... change.

It seems to me that the meaning of life is to "continue to be"--it is not enough only "to be" in the moment.

Lady Presenter:Now, here's the Meaning of Life.
[Receives an envelope]
Lady Presenter: Thank you, Brigitte.
[Opens envelope, reads what's inside]
Lady Presenter: M-hmm. Well, it's nothing very special. Uh, try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.

FlowerPUA said:
To be.

And the meaning of death? To NOT be ;)

P4PPY said:
The purpose of life is to live isn't it?

If you're not doing something that you consider living... change.

Life also has the fundamental purpose to die at some point.. why? To provide for new life.

WW_III_ANGRY said:
Life also has the fundamental purpose to die at some point.. why? To provide for new life.
We here on Earth accomplish that by mating. Try it; it's much more interesting than dying.

DaveC426913 said:
We here on Earth accomplish that by mating. Try it; it's much more interesting than dying.

I'm beyond mating, I'm a breeder!

1. What is the meaning of life?

The meaning of life is a complex and highly debated philosophical question that has been pondered by humans for centuries. It refers to the purpose or significance of human existence.

2. Is there a universal meaning of life?

There is no one definitive answer to this question, as beliefs about the meaning of life vary among different cultures, religions, and individuals. Some believe in a universal purpose or destiny, while others see life as inherently meaningless.

3. How can I find the meaning of my own life?

Finding the meaning of life is a personal journey that is different for everyone. Some people find purpose in their relationships, career, or spirituality, while others may find it through self-reflection and introspection.

4. Does science have an answer to the meaning of life?

As a scientist, I can say that science does not have a definitive answer to the meaning of life. While science can help us understand the physical world and our place in it, the question of meaning is outside the realm of scientific inquiry.

5. Can we ever truly know the meaning of life?

The meaning of life is a profound and subjective concept, and it is unlikely that there will ever be a definitive answer that satisfies everyone. However, the journey of seeking and contemplating the meaning of life can bring a sense of fulfillment and purpose to our lives.