What is the most amount of alcohol you drank in 1 day?

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Alcohol
In summary: I was pretty wasted, so it's hard to remember. All I know is that I woke up the next day in a hospital bed with a terrible headache, vertigo, and nausea. :yuck:
Cyrus said:
Well, that's really not a very rational decision. You're missing out on something new out of irrational fear. Drinking a beer isn't going to do anything to you.

Oh, ok. I just don't get why someone would want to be wasted from drinking. I know you said that's not what you do, but I guess it has just always scared me to think what could come of alcohol. I guess I might try it someday, when I am of the legal age, lol.

Physics news on Phys.org
Some people can't control themselves. Most people drink far too much at least once and then they find their limit and stick to it.

mcknia07 said:
Oh, ok. I just don't get why someone would want to be wasted from drinking. I know you said that's not what you do, but I guess it has just always scared me to think what could come of alcohol. I guess I might try it someday, when I am of the legal age, lol.

Because they are idiots. No seriously, they are quite stupid.

I literally drink beer every day 7-days a week and never get drunk. Even when I go out to bars I have 2-3 beers at most if I'm drinking at all. For perspective, if I wanted to get drunk I'd have to probably drink 8-10 beers.

The people telling stories about getting drunk are drinking WAY more than this, and are probably mixing drinks (alcohol and beer, that's a no no).

In general, I find that girls get drunk a lot faster than guys do (they weigh less). Don't mix drinks. Also, space it out. Your body metabolizes a beer in about an hour. So if you drink a lot of booze all at the same time you'll get wasted. If you spread it out throughout the night, you won't be as bad.

Last edited:
I was around 24 before I really started enjoying alcohol. I liked rum and coke, but one night the rum was 151 proof and a couple of those knocked me out, luckily I was home.

I then learned that 151 proof is for things like flambaying and not for mixed drinks.

Cyrus said:
Because they are idiots. No seriously, they are quite stupid.

I literally drink beer every day 7-days a week and never get drunk. Even when I go out to bars I have 2-3 beers at most if I'm drinking at all. For perspective, if I wanted to get drunk I'd have to probably drink 8-10 beers.

The people telling stories about getting drunk are drinking WAY more than this, and are probably mixing drinks (alcohol and beer, that's a no no).

Oh, well yeah I kinda knew that, lol.

Isn't beer bad for like your liver or kidneys or something like that?

I know of a few people that mix things all the time, granted, they are pretty dumb, and that's what scares me, but I know I have more self control than they. Never will I want to put myself around people that act and do what they did, I was stupid myself for even going around them, and I thought they were good friends of mine, but I haven't talked to them in a while now. You can learn who your real friends are after high school.

mcknia07 said:
Oh, well yeah I kinda knew that, lol.

Isn't beer bad for like your liver or kidneys or something like that?

I know of a few people that mix things all the time, granted, they are pretty dumb, and that's what scares me, but I know I have more self control than they. Never will I want to put myself around people that act and do what they did, I was stupid myself for even going around them, and I thought they were good friends of mine, but I haven't talked to them in a while now. You can learn who your real friends are after high school.

Well, drinking in excess is not good for your liver. Neither is strong drinks every day, stuff like Vodka. As for beer, I am honestly not sure. I doubt 12oz of beer a day is all that harsh on your liver, but I could be wrong. Drinking a glass of wine a day has higher alcohol concentration than beer, and that's supposedly good for you. So based on that, I don't think a beer every day is worse than a glass of wine.

Whatever, life's too short. I'm going to enjoy my beer every night.

Cyrus said:
Well, drinking in excess is not good for your liver. Neither is strong drinks every day, stuff like Vodka. As for beer, I am honestly not sure. I doubt 12oz of beer a day is all that harsh on your liver, but I could be wrong. Drinking a glass of wine a day has higher alcohol concentration than beer, and that's supposedly good for you. So based on that, I don't think a beer every day is worse than a glass of wine.

Whatever, life's too short. I'm going to enjoy my beer every night.

Yeah, I have heard that wine is good for you, so I guess beer might have something good in it too.

More power to you, I'll try it sometime maybe, like I said when I am of age. I don't want to be in trouble, lol. But, beer just smells nasty I think, but if you like it, then that's cool though. I mean, I like beer bread... :biggrin:

mcknia07 said:
Yeah, I have heard that wine is good for you, so I guess beer might have something good in it too.

More power to you, I'll try it sometime maybe, like I said when I am of age. I don't want to be in trouble, lol. But, beer just smells nasty I think, but if you like it, then that's cool though. I mean, I like beer bread... :biggrin:

Honestly, I could not stand the taste of beer at first. You really do have to get used to it. Its the anti-oxidants in wine that's good for you. But you can get even more of it from simple cranberry/grape juice (I think). All I'm saying is, don't reject drinking alcohol simply because other people abuse it. You're not them. Don't do the stupid things they do. Enjoy it responsibly and you'll be fine.

Cyrus said:
Honestly, I could not stand the taste of beer at first. You really do have to get used to it. Its the anti-oxidants in wine that's good for you. But you can get even more of it from simple cranberry/grape juice (I think). All I'm saying is, don't reject drinking alcohol simply because other people abuse it. You're not them. Don't do the stupid things they do. Enjoy it responsibly and you'll be fine.

I wouldn't do anything stupid. If I even thought I would, I would not even try anything. I don't like how some people act, so I sure as heck, don't want to be another one of them, I have more common sense than most of them, lol.

Wine is more alcohol by volume than beer but a beer has twice as many units as a glass of wine. In the UK the recommended guidelines for safe alcohol consumption are about 2 pints of beer a day for men and 1 and a half pints a day for women. That is beer of 4% ABV. One can work out the units by multiplying the volume (in millilitres) by %ABV then divide the result by 1000.

Everybody is slightly different in their alcohol tolerance. I can only drink a max of four (pints that is) beers compared to Cyrus' 8-10. A mistake lots of people make when first starting to drink is that they and their friends can drink the same amount which of course is not true. So this delusion and peer pressure can get many people, including myself, in trouble when they first start out.

Moderation and knowing ones own limits will ensure you can enjoy alcohol and remain healthy.

Last edited:
I don't think there's anything wrong with having a drink once in a while, and letting go, especially when you're young. I've had some great nights in the past when I've been very drunk. I hardly ever do that nowadays, but when in school and university I did.

Kurdt said:
Wine is more alcohol by volume than beer but a beer has twice as many units as a glass of wine. In the UK the recommended guidelines for safe alcohol consumption are about 2 pints of beer a day for men and 1 and a half pints a day for women. That is beer of 4% ABV. One can work out the units by multiplying the volume (in millilitres) by %ABV then divide the result by 1000.

Everybody is slightly different in their alcohol tolerance. I can only drink a max of four (pints that is) beers compared to Cyrus' 8-10. A mistake lots of people make when first starting to drink is that they and their friends can drink the same amount which of course is not true. So this delusion and peer pressure can get many people, including myself, in trouble when they first start out.

Moderation and knowing ones own limits will ensure you can enjoy alcohol and remain healthy.

Pints have more than what we call beers here in North America.

I've mixed wine, liguor, beer and red bulls before. I don't see the big deal like Cyrus said. I never puked or got hangovers from doing it. I usually start with wine at home, then beer and shots at the bar.

<h2>1. What is considered a dangerous amount of alcohol to consume in one day?</h2><p>The amount of alcohol that is considered dangerous to consume in one day varies depending on factors such as weight, age, and overall health. However, generally speaking, consuming more than four drinks in one day for men and three drinks for women is considered excessive and can lead to negative health consequences.</p><h2>2. Can drinking a large amount of alcohol in one day lead to alcohol poisoning?</h2><p>Yes, consuming a large amount of alcohol in one day can lead to alcohol poisoning. This occurs when the body's blood alcohol concentration (BAC) rises to a dangerously high level, leading to symptoms such as vomiting, seizures, and loss of consciousness. It is important to seek medical attention immediately if you or someone you know may have alcohol poisoning.</p><h2>3. What are the short-term effects of drinking a large amount of alcohol in one day?</h2><p>The short-term effects of drinking a large amount of alcohol in one day can include impaired judgment, motor coordination, and reaction time, as well as nausea, vomiting, and loss of consciousness. These effects can increase the risk of accidents, injuries, and alcohol-related incidents.</p><h2>4. Is it possible to develop a tolerance to alcohol and drink more in one day without feeling the effects?</h2><p>Yes, it is possible to develop a tolerance to alcohol, which means that the body becomes used to the effects of alcohol and requires larger amounts to feel the same effects. However, even if a person does not feel the effects of alcohol, their BAC may still be dangerously high, putting them at risk for alcohol poisoning and other negative consequences.</p><h2>5. Can drinking a large amount of alcohol in one day have long-term effects on health?</h2><p>Yes, drinking a large amount of alcohol in one day can have long-term effects on health. Repeated episodes of excessive drinking can lead to liver damage, heart disease, and other serious health conditions. It is important to drink alcohol in moderation and stay within recommended guidelines to maintain good health in the long term.</p>

1. What is considered a dangerous amount of alcohol to consume in one day?

The amount of alcohol that is considered dangerous to consume in one day varies depending on factors such as weight, age, and overall health. However, generally speaking, consuming more than four drinks in one day for men and three drinks for women is considered excessive and can lead to negative health consequences.

2. Can drinking a large amount of alcohol in one day lead to alcohol poisoning?

Yes, consuming a large amount of alcohol in one day can lead to alcohol poisoning. This occurs when the body's blood alcohol concentration (BAC) rises to a dangerously high level, leading to symptoms such as vomiting, seizures, and loss of consciousness. It is important to seek medical attention immediately if you or someone you know may have alcohol poisoning.

3. What are the short-term effects of drinking a large amount of alcohol in one day?

The short-term effects of drinking a large amount of alcohol in one day can include impaired judgment, motor coordination, and reaction time, as well as nausea, vomiting, and loss of consciousness. These effects can increase the risk of accidents, injuries, and alcohol-related incidents.

4. Is it possible to develop a tolerance to alcohol and drink more in one day without feeling the effects?

Yes, it is possible to develop a tolerance to alcohol, which means that the body becomes used to the effects of alcohol and requires larger amounts to feel the same effects. However, even if a person does not feel the effects of alcohol, their BAC may still be dangerously high, putting them at risk for alcohol poisoning and other negative consequences.

5. Can drinking a large amount of alcohol in one day have long-term effects on health?

Yes, drinking a large amount of alcohol in one day can have long-term effects on health. Repeated episodes of excessive drinking can lead to liver damage, heart disease, and other serious health conditions. It is important to drink alcohol in moderation and stay within recommended guidelines to maintain good health in the long term.