What is the nature of GOD ?

• Thread starter olde drunk
  • Start date
jammieg
Phoenix I've been thinking along the lines you type but what you said makes a lot more sense and agree with it, the difference between a fool and a brave man very much depends on who is observing the fool or the wise...and that they end up making things better without dying and killing. It's possible that the super ego has always been pushing the envelope of the cerebellum or self and testing the waters for someone or much more likely many to lead or show the way, but it makes me wonder if the way were so shown could a person follow it without faith and make things far worse? I think so, I think this is why a person has so much difficulty getting what they want out of life until they can prove they can weild such things justly, that is that they can give it away freely in actions without expectation of return and they do in fact understand what is for the better. Perhaps that's the whole point, one has to make leaps of faith into the unknown based on what they figure is right and if they pass they get a milk bone and if they fail they are set back to learn from their mistakes, but the harder one tries the more mistakes they make because it could be the highier brain taking over a bit of control so that we might have heavier mental weights to lift, strange theory, if true then one should be able to ask god or whatever for guidance and the way will reveal itself in mysterious ways and one will likely never know if it's true or not or perhaps they will want to know too much and get smacked down, I think my part if any is to keep on theorizing the possibilities and throwing them into circulation and listen closely to everyone and try to learn from them and dismiss the one's that don't make sense and refine what does, but then I probably can't change anyone but myself so I'm trying to find my way and in doing so it help others. My support for this so far is only what I've witnessed, that my employers test me for drugs and often people think I'm on drugs but I've only tried them once or twice and yet meditation is like smoking marijuana and using imagination is like LSD and speed is like concentration and willing oneself to move faster but it takes lots of effort and practice and it's easier to live in a "birdhouse", but if one only takes the easier way where does it lead? I don't really know that except I've tried both and found that it's better in the long run to be able to will oneself to relax or focus in whatever situation than use an external device...the philosophical practice of doubting everything is like getting drunk to me and I drink too much.
It's good to give one's brain a rest or risk a sprain.
Another crackpot theory is that the highier brain is a symbiotic being that exist in all of us and was long refered to as god and it carries life onward through some spirit force, after all 90% of the universe can't be seen so who knows, but this is out there and it seems more likely that it was fabricated to make death easier to bare, I guess I'll now for sure when I'm dead so intend to play hard and leave a beautiful ******* corpse.

Phoenix I've been thinking along the lines you type but what you said makes a lot more sense and agree with it, the difference between a fool and a brave man very much depends on who is observing the fool or the wise...and that they end up making things better without dying and killing. It's possible that the super ego has always been pushing the envelope of the cerebellum or self and testing the waters for someone or much more likely many to lead or show the way, but it makes me wonder if the way were so shown could a person follow it without faith and make things far worse?
rather than have blind faith, i, when standing where you may be standing right now, had "positive skepticism" with emphasis on SKEPTICISM. i've never been a blind faither in my whole life (including now).
I think so, I think this is why a person has so much difficulty getting what they want out of life until they can prove they can weild such things justly, that is that they can give it away freely in actions without expectation of return and they do in fact understand what is for the better.
that's my understanding of the process. i would like to point out though that one isn't wielding anything but themselves; a finding and unleashing of one's true self. but the true self is covered by layers and layers of society, and judgement, and others' ways one has been indoctrinated to conform to. on this path, there are no rules or obligations or requirements to be yourself.
Perhaps that's the whole point, one has to make leaps of faith into the unknown based on what they figure is right and if they pass they get a milk bone and if they fail they are set back to learn from their mistakes, but the harder one tries the more mistakes they make because it could be the highier brain taking over a bit of control so that we might have heavier mental weights to lift, strange theory, if true then one should be able to ask god or whatever for guidance and the way will reveal itself in mysterious ways and one will likely never know if it's true or not or perhaps they will want to know too much and get smacked down,
the intellect is a tool, no more no less. the idea is to maximize the effectiveness of that tool (ie not with blind faith) yet also realize it, like all tools, has its limitations. do you honestly expect this 'lever' called your intellect to be able to lift the heaviest 'thing' in existence? the harder you try to lift this, the stronger you may become; either that or the lever will crack and perhaps break down but you won't lift the weight with that lever. however, there are other tools, i believe embedded in the subconscious, actually i call it the higher self, which exists in a 'plane' without mentation. it has been said that once the student is ready, the master appears. meditate on who that master might be cuz it sure ain't myself! if you don't like my discussion board that i link to in my signature, i would recommend reading the three books by david hawkins about nonduality, God, the ego, et al. in my paradigm, he was getting all of his material not from figuring it out with his intellect but from his higher self which has a higher perspective.
I think my part if any is to keep on theorizing the possibilities and throwing them into circulation and listen closely to everyone and try to learn from them and dismiss the one's that don't make sense and refine what does, but then I probably can't change anyone but myself so I'm trying to find my way and in doing so it help others. My support for this so far is only what I've witnessed, that my employers test me for drugs and often people think I'm on drugs but I've only tried them once or twice and yet meditation is like smoking marijuana and using imagination is like LSD and speed is like concentration and willing oneself to move faster but it takes lots of effort and practice and it's easier to live in a "birdhouse", but if one only takes the easier way where does it lead?
see i knew your ultierior motive for asking about the birdhouse and i responded accordinly, even if you weren't aware of it at the time (though i think you were). i can tell that you want the doors to open just by saying "open sesame" but it doesn't work that way. then again, how do you know they're not already open? i enjoyed the other response which was that a bird doesn't need a roof because it sits on its eggs. if anything, the eggs are you and the bird protecting the eggs is your higher and true selves. i would eschew drugs but that's not "a mandate from God," it's just personal experience; hey, we're wacky enough without 'em anyway, right?
I don't really know that except I've tried both and found that it's better in the long run to be able to will oneself to relax or focus in whatever situation than use an external device...the philosophical practice of doubting everything is like getting drunk to me and I drink too much.
i feel the same thing but i drink in moderation like the europeans.
It's good to give one's brain a rest or risk a sprain.
yes! meditate or sleep when you get over-taxed and do the opposite when you're bored; that's my unsolicited advice that you already know.
Another crackpot theory is that the highier brain is a symbiotic being that exist in all of us and was long refered to as god and it carries life onward through some spirit force, after all 90% of the universe can't be seen so who knows, but this is out there and it seems more likely that it was fabricated to make death easier to bare, I guess I'll now for sure when I'm dead so intend to play hard and leave a beautiful ******* corpse.
well, what if there is no life after death but there is existence after death? check out max tegmark's ensemble theory of everything. http://alephnulldimension.net/toe.pdf . it may prove to be true that we are just in truth purely logical, perhaps fuzzy logical, self-aware structures (SAS's) whose essences exist on a purely platonic level like a form. so while the physical form of phoenix will die, maybe the platonic, abstract form of phoenix won't. so if one can manage to transfer the seat of their consciousness to that realm now, then maybe death won't be so hard. if you dig on my discussion forum under "reality" you'll see a topic called "on the nature of reality" which was all of this higher self's writings. it is referred to there as "the true reality" and i wrote it before reading about tegmark's theory.

If god exists, who created him?

Nothing ever was created.

Originally posted by THANOS
Nothing ever was created.
I quite agree, but those who think the Universe was 'created' attribute it to a deity. If everything which exists was created, then the deity must also have been created, preceeded by an infinite lineage of ancestry.

Messiah

If you remove the quality(measure) of time there is no creation.

We always were and always will be. we only need a beginning if we want to view reality in a linear fashion(time).

peace,

jammieg
Thanks for the advice phoenixthoth, I was getting too weird, I prefer to think of everyone as my teacher though because the only person I can really change is myself and on second thought Hitler didn't seem to earn any special right to weild knowledge, maybe he was convinced he too was doing the necessary evil.
Maybe God simply finds it better to have something going on than nothing and we are some very small spec of something going on in a vaste sea of somethings, I find it hard to imagine this could be all there is not with so many stars. Wouldn't it be strange if all this time prayer really did work and scientist said ah ha it's a way of communicating to the highier brain and religious people said ah ha they finally got it in their own way. The only trouble being that one's own god is whatever they pretend it to be, so if they imagine a god that is generous and moral from the bible they will have a good guide and if they imagine a god that sees fit to kill others for some greater good they will have a different sort of guide and if they imagine a god that helps them crack codes they might get a free trip to the padded fun room.