Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is the probability? Help

  1. Dec 9, 2011 #1
    What is the probability? Help....

    If i have a standard 80% chance of wining and 20% chance of losing
    than what is the chance of me losing 5 times in a row 10 times in a row
    and 20 times in a row.

    I would be very grateful if someone can show me how to calculate this on my own.

    Thanks
     
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 9, 2011 #2

    disregardthat

    User Avatar
    Science Advisor

    Re: What is the probability? Help....

    In how many attempts? In 5 attempts, it's just p^5, where p is the chance of winning.
     
  4. Dec 9, 2011 #3
    Re: What is the probability? Help....

    Losing, you mean.
     
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook




Similar Discussions: What is the probability? Help
  1. What is the probability (Replies: 28)

  2. Probability Help (Replies: 1)

Loading...