Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is the proper use and meaning of Radioactive decay ? How much decay HAS occured

1. Jan 30, 2007 #1
    What is the proper use and meaning of "Radioactive decay"? How much decay HAS occured

This is a second thread to clarify my first thread about a debate with my biology teacher. I went back in an edited the content and title but it still posts under my original title
    anyway,,,,

what is the proper use of the term "radioactive decay" is it the amount of deacay that HAS occured or the "rate of decay as it occurs? for the exact post read my first post about a disagreement with my biology teacher

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 30, 2007 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think this discussion can be had in the original thread. To avoid confusion, I will ask the mods to lock this thread.

4. Jan 31, 2007 #3

vanesch

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Done so.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?