1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is the question really asking? Just need help understanding the question

1. Apr 24, 2017 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I'm having trouble understanding what the question is asking. It has a circle, rectangle, and square all in one problem. I don't want help solving this problem.

2. Relevant equations
    upload_2017-2-24_16-10-38.png

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 24, 2017 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I think they are just giving you extra information to try to confuse you. Just use the area of the square loop and the changing B field to calculate the induced voltage, and then use the resistance R to calculate the resulting current. I don't think you use the variable r, but I guess I could be missing something.

What are the Relevant Equations for working this problem?

4. Apr 25, 2017 #3

haruspex

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

It smells to me like the question has been created by copying an old question (which maybe did concern a loop) and modifying it incompletely.

5. Apr 26, 2017 #4

DrClaude

Staff: Mentor

There is no circle: what is given is the radius of the wire, not the loop. And a square is simply a special case of a rectangle.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted