What is the stupidest thing you have done?

• Thread starter Dadface
  • Start date

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
IIRC, Chronos does.

When I was 8, I was ironing my shirt for the first time. And my mom told me to check to see if the thing was hot enough. So I put my whole palm against it.

All the skin on my right palm, peeled off like two days later.

Ouch!

I am told that I grabbed the muffler of my father's motorcycle once. I was young enough that I have no memory of it, so that was probably last week.

fluidistic

Gold Member
When I was 5 years old my little brother melt bleach (according to my father. According to my memory it was a window cleaner : http://www.docteurdiscount.com/productimages/16100256637.jpg [Broken]. Almost the same thing.) into a bottle of coca cola. He told me to come and see his melt. I didn't trust him and drunk a lot of the mixture. I ended up at the hospital, I remember when I entered the ambulance and the neighbors asking what happened. It seems I got lucky and don't have any affect-effect.

When I was young I was always "in the Moon" as we say in French. I mean that when I was in school I never listened to the teacher, I was so bored I wasn't aware there were grades and that I was the worst student (really. I was about 9 years old.). Once we had to see a theater piece done by older students of my school. I was in the public as the older students, but at very different places. (the older were in front of us). I wasn't listening at anything, as usual. When suddenly I saw the older students going on stage, I thought I had to do also. They were all dancing in couples and of course I was alone. I then realized ... have I made a mistake?! A teacher called a girl from the public to dance with me. I didn't know how to dance, it was so shameful...

Last edited by a moderator:
I nearly set myself on fire in chemistry lab my freshman year. It was embarrassing and my lab partner had to stomp out the fire. :redface: