What is the worst way to die?

• Thread starter flyingpig
  • Start date
For them yes. But not for us having to think about them.

"You've watched it, you can't UN-Watch it!" (Futurama)

"You've watched it, you can't UN-Watch it!" (Futurama)

:rofl:

You can laugh at death, scream, cry, or run. It still catches you; if you see death as the ultimate severity, what is your life if not a meaningless death sentence?

edit: You don't deal with death much do you? You should hear doctors and EMT's... never laugh harder at rougher stuff... it's called staying sane. In addition, many of these post were NOT jokes AFAICT, including my original two.

YES! if by death you mean natural death then no problem it is unavoidable you can talk about the way you want to but eaten by wolves,getting decapitated,suffocation or bleeding to death is a completely different thing and not even remotely laughable do you have any idea how tragic it would it be if a young man dies in such terrible accident? you have any idea what would be the feelings of his residents? you probably have no clue or else you never talk about such things as if it is amusing.

Meh... my post 13 beats that.

you ARE taking it as a joke who read something so tragic and still think about "competing" and not think about that poor girl for once i remember you from another thread you seemed like a mature person but now it seems like you are just a young kid who does not really appreciate life but you are not the only one to blame every one who sees this tragedy as a source of amusement is mentally SICK guess being good at physics or math does not make you a nice person neither does it makes you appreciate life(nothing personal).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unusual_deaths

Am i the only one who found this page disturbing rather than amusing?
Well, there were a few politicians and lawyers mentioned if I recall correctly.

Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
YES! if by death you mean natural death then no problem it is unavoidable you can talk about the way you want to but eaten by wolves,getting decapitated,suffocation or bleeding to death is a completely different thing and not even remotely laughable do you have any idea how tragic it would it be if a young man dies in such terrible accident? you have any idea what would be the feelings of his residents? you probably have no clue or else you never talk about such things as if it is amusing.

What are you getting so worked up by? The odds of something like that happening are like ...being struck by lightning. Nobody is making fun of the deaths of others. Life is precious but, is isn't about how you die. It's how you live before you die. Personally, I refuse to take my own mortality seriously which is what others in the thread are doing. If I go out with a bang like lisab or nismaratwork, that would be fine with me. In any case, I won't have much choice of the how, when or where.

Like nismaratwork said, death happens to everyone. That's the single certain fact in life. The worst possible death is experiences by a person who has never recognized that fact until it happens.

Caffenta, you both scare me because your post falls well outside the line of what's considered "normal" but you're also an inspiration, because before you hit dirt, you're toast.

Death by urban legend.

A bricklayer on the ground raises a large metal bucket up to the roof level using a rope and pulley. Next, he ties the rope off onto a railing and climbs back up to the roof and loads the bricks into the bucket. Then he goes back down to the ground. He knows that the bricks are heavy, so he wraps the rope around his hand a couple of times and then unties the end of the rope with his other hand. The bricks were heavier than he imagined and with physics being as it is, he was immediately launched upwards at a high rate of speed.

As he was racing up towards the roof he encountered the bucket full of bricks coming down at an equally fast rate. He collides with the bucket and breaks his nose and shoulder. The bucket passes him by as he speeds upwards. He reaches the pulley just before the bucket hits the ground and breaks a few of his fingers as they are mangled by the pulley. When the bucket hits the ground, its bottom falls out and all of the bricks spill onto the ground. Now the the bucket is light and speeds upwards, while the bricklayer comes down. He takes a shot to the groin when one of his legs slips into the empty bucket.

He then tilts enough to fall out of the bucket and continues on down. He lands on top of the pile of bricks and breaks both feet. He collapses in pain there on the bricks, glad to be alive. He lets go of the rope and cries out for help. That's when the bucket comes down, hits him in the head and fractures his skull.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong about me in this; I suspect I've seen more and nastier things than you think. I'd be happy to give it up in favor of the ignorance you ascribe to me however. I don't know of any way to explain beyond what I have... you don't laugh at the dead, you laugh at DEATH. I'd add, all death is natural, it's just that some are not preferable. I think perhaps you haven't had much experience with death, and I'm glad for that too.

[you ARE taking it as a joke who read something so tragic and still think about "competing" and not think about that poor girl for once i remember you from another thread you seemed like a mature person but now it seems like you are just a young kid who does not really appreciate life but you are not the only one to blame every one who sees this tragedy as a source of amusement is mentally SICK guess being good at physics or math does not make you a nice person neither does it makes you appreciate life(nothing personal).

I never claimed to be a nice person; in fact, I've claimed much the opposite. I'm noting how you're writing however; nearly a stream of consciousness... kind of a rant. This is obviously either a very personally emotional issue for you, or you have so little experience with death that you just don't understand. We're human FizxFreak... you know what a nurse or doctor is going to say when you finally die some day? "He **** the bed." It's practically a term of art in medicine... do you think it means that doctors and nurses find death amusing?

Death will eventually put us all in our place, but until then we get to try and do the same; you may also note that I am not referencing any ACTUAL deaths, although I'm not sure you care to understand why. I am sorry that you've found this so upsetting, but I'd urge you to consider for a while... maybe talk to Lacy33 on this one.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong about me in this; I suspect I've seen more and nastier things than you think. I'd be happy to give it up in favor of the ignorance you ascribe to me however. I don't know of any way to explain beyond what I have... you don't laugh at the dead, you laugh at DEATH. I'd add, all death is natural, it's just that some are not preferable. I think perhaps you haven't had much experience with death, and I'm glad for that too.

I never claimed to be a nice person; in fact, I've claimed much the opposite. I'm noting how you're writing however; nearly a stream of consciousness... kind of a rant. This is obviously either a very personally emotional issue for you, or you have so little experience with death that you just don't understand. We're human FizxFreak... you know what a nurse or doctor is going to say when you finally die some day? "He **** the bed." It's practically a term of art in medicine... do you think it means that doctors and nurses find death amusing?

Death will eventually put us all in our place, but until then we get to try and do the same; you may also note that I am not referencing any ACTUAL deaths, although I'm not sure you care to understand why. I am sorry that you've found this so upsetting, but I'd urge you to consider for a while... maybe talk to Lacy33 on this one.

You probably might have seen worst i have been lucky in that case thank goodness but the thing is that i cant really change you thoughts on this topic and you cannot change mine i might not find your views very good but a little wicked to some extent but what can i do about it?

Different people have different opinions and if don't respect a mans opinion you should it doesn't really mean that you shouldn't respect the man him self i do agree with a lot of things you say but i am highly disturbed by the fact that people are posting the information about horrific deaths in a sense of competition(and you cannot deny that) i just cannot accept it as anything normal may be all these people are very good individuals in their lives but even if they have such wicked thoughts it really disturbs me but you know what these arguments are really not going to lead us anywhere(and by the way who is lacy).

Forget about all this lets lighten the mood i just cannot get your cute little friend out of my head even though i have never seen her:!!) how is she doing by the way? and are you really sure that she wouldn't be interested in a young handsome man like me? you probably are not cool enough and it is alright if you are not good looking its not a big deal but i think i really think i can make her like men:cool:

You probably might have seen worst i have been lucky in that case thank goodness but the thing is that i cant really change you thoughts on this topic and you cannot change mine i might not find your views very good but a little wicked to some extent but what can i do about it?

You can calm down, and realize that time is going to eventually change your views. Some things are inevitable, and this is the Most inevitable of all. We're all riding the thermodynamic arrow of time to oblivion. That's harsh... you have to find ways to cope, and people who have dealt with a lot of death find that you need to laugh. It's not something that is easily explained, which is why it's usual hidden.

Different people have different opinions and if don't respect a mans opinion you should it doesn't really mean that you shouldn't respect the man him self i do agree with a lot of things you say but i am highly disturbed by the fact that people are posting the information about horrific deaths in a sense of competition(and you cannot deny that)

People are complex, with many facets. I just lost a friend to a recurrence of breast cancer which metastasized horribly. She died badly, leaving a daughter and husband, and she was young enough that it's a damned tragedy. I'm not laughing about that, but I do need to laugh at SOME point; not at her, but at death itself. Is this a competition? Sure... it's very cathartic.

FizixFreak;3163390i just cannot accept it as anything normal may be all these people are very good individuals in their lives but even if they have such wicked thoughts it really disturbs me but you know what these arguments are really not going to lead us anywhere(and by the way who is lacy).[/quote said:
Lacy33 is a member here, and a fine teacher, including expertise in thanatology and nursing (on her profile). I have experience, but not enough to convey this to you properly... I believe she might. Beyond that... and here's the key... where is the wickedness? I'm not trying to bust your balls here, I just want you to reflect on your reaction. I think it's primarily emotional, and then you have justifications after the fact. That's very VERY normal, but you can go beyond that; you're no fool. So.. wickedness... is anyone wishing harm upon good people? In a way... we all want to die well, and we all fear a bad death. How do you overcome fear?... exposure.

Is it NICE?... no. Is it necessary?... Yes. The alternative is the kind of emotional turmoil I'm seeing in your post. That's not a criticism, just an observation... and I'm not being coy, if I want to criticize, you'll know it. I don't think your mind will be changed by this, but it could be a seed that grows when the conditions are right.

She is still adorable, but also very happily in a relationship with another lovely lady. They're quite happy!

Consider this... you have a powerful imagination... that's GOOD, but it can lock you in your own mind. Sometimes we need to step out of that, and really listen to what others are saying. Do you think most of the people posting this are wicked? If not, then we have a dilemma; I'm willing to discuss this as much as you want.

That said, you're still never getting a chance with her, so keep that imagination... as guys, we really do need that. :smile:

Have a dream where you are dead and you couldn't wake up, but then you realize you are dead...

If you're dead (brain no worky), how would it be possible for you you realize anything?

Radiation Poisoning.

Hepatic Failure.

Suicide.

If you're dead (brain no worky), how would it be possible for you you realize anything?

Isn't it obvious? Zombie! :tongue2:

Hello FizixFreak, I am Lacy. I am an old lady. A grandma. I have little hair, wrinkled skin and am very very fat. I am crabby and I like it that way.
I was a person who studied to be with people when they die and after, providing they died in a hospital or at home.
Dying can be many things. It is not pleasent for people around. It does not have to be unpleasent for the person dying.
Unless one of the mentors can come in and clear this thread of all the playfull gore and direct the conversation in a proper discussion on death and dying, then it should be closed.
Death is very real to a lot of people now.
Death means different things to people now.
Some people are willing to die for a cause and others are taught and follow a different style of living and dying.
I really think this needs to be watched.
Too many young people today are saying they are willing to die for something.
I personally do not hold to that not to say it is right or not.
Death is very real and final. In this thread it is being played with.

Death gets us in the end, it seems only fair to play with the old man before then. Still... if you agree with Fizix... I need to rethink my stance.

nismaratwork said:
... you don't laugh at the dead, you laugh at DEATH.
I agree with nismaratwork. In fact, I'll go a bit further. We should not only laugh at death, we should taunt it. But not with either Vietnamese rap music or French mime techniques (and certainly not at the same time) or anything by Yoko Ono. That might really piss it off.

I agree with nismaratwork. In fact, I'll go a bit further. We should not only laugh at death, we should taunt it. But not with either Vietnamese rap music or French mime techniques (and certainly not at the same time) or anything by Yoko Ono. That might really piss it off.

I don't know whether to laugh... or laugh and feel guilty. Ooops... the latter.

Evo
Mentor
The thread has run it's course.