What is this called?

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hi. There are a few things that really intrigue me in life, that just capture my mind. One is how sound works, and how sound waves and EM waves act. Also, creating and designing things. Another one that is a litle bit harder to put a finger on, is how the brain processes sound. This fascinates me

What exactly do I say that I want to study? I mean, what sort of majors and study programs do these things fit into? Unsure about college. Thanks for replies!

Answers and Replies

KingNothing said:
Hi. There are a few things that really intrigue me in life, that just capture my mind. One is how sound works, and how sound waves and EM waves act. Also, creating and designing things. Another one that is a litle bit harder to put a finger on, is how the brain processes sound. This fascinates me

What exactly do I say that I want to study? I mean, what sort of majors and study programs do these things fit into? Unsure about college. Thanks for replies!
How the brain processes sound comes under the heading of neurology. You could probably pick up quite a bit about this by just googling. Your specific questions might not be answered, but you can find out alot of what is known about this.

Also, PF has a Mind and Brain Sciences section:

https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: