Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aerospace What is this?

  1. Jun 26, 2010 #1
    What is this???

    I got this picture from the net. This plane participated in SAE Aero. Wanted to know what the two wing-like extensions from the wingfence were.
    I was thinking they could be wingtips and serve in reducing drag and still direct flow as if there was an entire wing in their place. But roll control would be tough.

    Attached Files:

  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 19, 2010 #2
    Re: What is this???

    Wing Grid! You will find much more about it if you search the web.
  4. Jul 27, 2010 #3
  5. Jul 27, 2010 #4
    Re: What is this???

    This is good stuff!
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook