1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is Vr in thermo

1. Feb 17, 2009 #1
    what is Vr... I know how to get Vr from my text but not sure what it is and what its used for...Im trying to find values for internal energy for an otto cycle question...im working on EES but only know how to get the values for Vr from the text

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 19, 2009 #2
    what is Vr?:confused:
    Is it some function in EES? or is it the compression ratio?

4. Feb 19, 2009 #3
    I think it is used in an ideal gas formula and is used also in calculating for properties in the otto cycle...I was just curious because I had a homework problem where the answer guide used Vr but the text did not use Vr in any of its examples even though it had a list of Vr values. I don't know what Vr is called either... Good thing the final didn't have a problem like that on it

5. Feb 20, 2009 #4

stewartcs

Science Advisor

Doesn't ring any bells off hand. I'll look through some Thermo text's and see what I can find...although it should be in your text if it uses it.

CS

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook