Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is wrong with this picture?

1. Jun 14, 2005 #1
    [​IMG]

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 14, 2005 #2
    The gun's already loaded, but an extra clip is shown? I dunno.

4. Jun 14, 2005 #3
    Hint: Agent 86.

5. Jun 14, 2005 #4

DocToxyn

Science Advisor

:bugeye: :rofl: The cartridge is loaded in the magazine backwards, pretty funny.

6. Jun 14, 2005 #5
    Yes. Nice job, Doc. They had a good laugh about it over at TB2K:
    timebomb2000.com/vb/showthread.php?t=151678

(P.S. For those who don't know, Agent 86 from the Get Smart spy-spoof TV show had a gun that always shot backward. He would shoot the bad guys by aiming it toward himself.)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2005
  7. Jun 14, 2005 #6

DocToxyn

Science Advisor

Was that an actual published advertisement? Not what I would expect of H&K, they're usually top notch. Have you seen the new XM-8? I can't agree with the .223 for warfare applications (not that I've personally done any, just my opinion based on ballistics), but I'm pretty sure the receiver can be swapped out for the slightly larger 6.8 SPC round now in production.

8. Jun 14, 2005 #7
    We're not allowed handguns in the UK... Official Govt policy is that the public aren't allowed such dangerous things, but the criminals are of course.
    Just to make it fair, the police aren't normally allowed guns, but when they are, they shoot innocent members of the public for carrying chair legs to the pub to get a mate to repair it. (In the news recently)

Glad I'm not in the dangerous old US....

9. Jun 14, 2005 #8

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I can almost hear some sarcasm there!

I don't wanna drag this one too OT (not yet, anyway) but I completely sympathise with the police on that one. The guy had been warned, and he was threatening the cops with what they had reason to believe was a firearm. They had to make a split-second decision, it's just a pity they killed the guy.

If a couple of armed cops asked me to disarm, I'd probably do as they asked, especially if it wasn't even a gun.

Anyway, wasn't this like 5 years ago or something?

10. Jun 14, 2005 #9

Pengwuino

Gold Member

So how many millions of pounds did the family recieve in the lawsuit? :rofl: :rofl:

Wait a second, you dont live in the US, you wouldnt understand :wink: i hope lol

11. Jun 14, 2005 #10

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Jokes aside, that's the way this country is going. As far as I know, the second inquest is ongoing. The officers were recently arrested on suspicion of manslaughter, and the case is re-opened.

12. Jun 14, 2005 #11

Pengwuino

Gold Member

no really lol, was there a lawsuit brought up? Police around here cant seem to fire a gun without a lawsuit coming up.

13. Jun 14, 2005 #12

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, the dead guy's family are onto it, I believe.

Although here, the police firing a gun is itself a newsworthy event. I've only seen British armed police a few times in my life. The most recent being the current G8 summit, (there are literally hundreds of cops surrounding the hotel my mate works in), and the most exciting of these being the time my best mate was carrying a fake gun around Newquay...

Now that was a fun night!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?