What is wrong with this picture?

  • Thread starter hitssquad
  • Start date
911
0
http://www.thegunzone.com/gagpix/hk-flub.jpg [Broken]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
7
0
The gun's already loaded, but an extra clip is shown? I dunno.
 
911
0
Hint: Agent 86.
 

DocToxyn

Science Advisor
424
0
:bugeye: :rofl: The cartridge is loaded in the magazine backwards, pretty funny.
 
911
0
Yes. Nice job, Doc. They had a good laugh about it over at TB2K:
timebomb2000.com/vb/showthread.php?t=151678

(P.S. For those who don't know, Agent 86 from the Get Smart spy-spoof TV show had a gun that always shot backward. He would shoot the bad guys by aiming it toward himself.)
 
Last edited:

DocToxyn

Science Advisor
424
0
Was that an actual published advertisement? Not what I would expect of H&K, they're usually top notch. Have you seen the new XM-8? I can't agree with the .223 for warfare applications (not that I've personally done any, just my opinion based on ballistics), but I'm pretty sure the receiver can be swapped out for the slightly larger 6.8 SPC round now in production.
 
373
2
We're not allowed handguns in the UK... Official Govt policy is that the public aren't allowed such dangerous things, but the criminals are of course.
Just to make it fair, the police aren't normally allowed guns, but when they are, they shoot innocent members of the public for carrying chair legs to the pub to get a mate to repair it. (In the news recently)

Glad I'm not in the dangerous old US....
 

brewnog

Science Advisor
Gold Member
2,701
7
Adrian Baker said:
We're not allowed handguns in the UK... Official Govt policy is that the public aren't allowed such dangerous things, but the criminals are of course.
Just to make it fair, the police aren't normally allowed guns, but when they are, they shoot innocent members of the public for carrying chair legs to the pub to get a mate to repair it. (In the news recently)

Glad I'm not in the dangerous old US....

I can almost hear some sarcasm there!

I don't wanna drag this one too OT (not yet, anyway) but I completely sympathise with the police on that one. The guy had been warned, and he was threatening the cops with what they had reason to believe was a firearm. They had to make a split-second decision, it's just a pity they killed the guy.

If a couple of armed cops asked me to disarm, I'd probably do as they asked, especially if it wasn't even a gun.

Anyway, wasn't this like 5 years ago or something?
 

Pengwuino

Gold Member
4,854
14
brewnog said:
I don't wanna drag this one too OT (not yet, anyway) but I completely sympathise with the police on that one. The guy had been warned, and he was threatening the cops with what they had reason to believe was a firearm. They had to make a split-second decision, it's just a pity they killed the guy.

If a couple of armed cops asked me to disarm, I'd probably do as they asked, especially if it wasn't even a gun.
So how many millions of pounds did the family recieve in the lawsuit? :rofl: :rofl:

Wait a second, you dont live in the US, you wouldnt understand :wink: i hope lol
 

brewnog

Science Advisor
Gold Member
2,701
7
Pengwuino said:
So how many millions of pounds did the family recieve in the lawsuit? :rofl: :rofl:

Wait a second, you dont live in the US, you wouldnt understand :wink: i hope lol

Jokes aside, that's the way this country is going. As far as I know, the second inquest is ongoing. The officers were recently arrested on suspicion of manslaughter, and the case is re-opened.
 

Pengwuino

Gold Member
4,854
14
no really lol, was there a lawsuit brought up? Police around here cant seem to fire a gun without a lawsuit coming up.
 

brewnog

Science Advisor
Gold Member
2,701
7
Yeah, the dead guy's family are onto it, I believe.

Although here, the police firing a gun is itself a newsworthy event. I've only seen British armed police a few times in my life. The most recent being the current G8 summit, (there are literally hundreds of cops surrounding the hotel my mate works in), and the most exciting of these being the time my best mate was carrying a fake gun around Newquay...

Now that was a fun night!
 

Related Threads for: What is wrong with this picture?

  • Posted
Replies
11
Views
3K
  • Posted
2 3
Replies
62
Views
7K
  • Posted
Replies
14
Views
3K
  • Posted
2
Replies
29
Views
9K
Replies
26
Views
3K
  • Posted
Replies
18
Views
3K
  • Posted
2
Replies
27
Views
3K
Replies
16
Views
3K

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving

Hot Threads

Top