What is wrong with this picture?

• Thread starter hitssquad
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Picture
In summary, the gun's already loaded, but an extra clip is shown. The cartridge is loaded in the magazine backwards, pretty funny. Yes. Nice job, Doc. They had a good laugh about it over at TB2K.
hitssquad
http://www.thegunzone.com/gagpix/hk-flub.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The gun's already loaded, but an extra clip is shown? I dunno.

Hint: Agent 86.

:bugeye: :rofl: The cartridge is loaded in the magazine backwards, pretty funny.

Yes. Nice job, Doc. They had a good laugh about it over at TB2K:
http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showthread.php?t=151678

(P.S. For those who don't know, Agent 86 from the Get Smart spy-spoof TV show had a gun that always shot backward. He would shoot the bad guys by aiming it toward himself.)

Last edited:
Was that an actual published advertisement? Not what I would expect of H&K, they're usually top notch. Have you seen the new XM-8? I can't agree with the .223 for warfare applications (not that I've personally done any, just my opinion based on ballistics), but I'm pretty sure the receiver can be swapped out for the slightly larger 6.8 SPC round now in production.

We're not allowed handguns in the UK... Official Govt policy is that the public aren't allowed such dangerous things, but the criminals are of course.
Just to make it fair, the police aren't normally allowed guns, but when they are, they shoot innocent members of the public for carrying chair legs to the pub to get a mate to repair it. (In the news recently)

Glad I'm not in the dangerous old US...

Adrian Baker said:
We're not allowed handguns in the UK... Official Govt policy is that the public aren't allowed such dangerous things, but the criminals are of course.
Just to make it fair, the police aren't normally allowed guns, but when they are, they shoot innocent members of the public for carrying chair legs to the pub to get a mate to repair it. (In the news recently)

Glad I'm not in the dangerous old US...

I can almost hear some sarcasm there!

I don't want to drag this one too OT (not yet, anyway) but I completely sympathise with the police on that one. The guy had been warned, and he was threatening the cops with what they had reason to believe was a firearm. They had to make a split-second decision, it's just a pity they killed the guy.

If a couple of armed cops asked me to disarm, I'd probably do as they asked, especially if it wasn't even a gun.

Anyway, wasn't this like 5 years ago or something?

brewnog said:
I don't want to drag this one too OT (not yet, anyway) but I completely sympathise with the police on that one. The guy had been warned, and he was threatening the cops with what they had reason to believe was a firearm. They had to make a split-second decision, it's just a pity they killed the guy.

If a couple of armed cops asked me to disarm, I'd probably do as they asked, especially if it wasn't even a gun.

So how many millions of pounds did the family receive in the lawsuit? :rofl: :rofl:

Wait a second, you don't live in the US, you wouldn't understand :wink: i hope lol

Pengwuino said:
So how many millions of pounds did the family receive in the lawsuit? :rofl: :rofl:

Wait a second, you don't live in the US, you wouldn't understand :wink: i hope lol

Jokes aside, that's the way this country is going. As far as I know, the second inquest is ongoing. The officers were recently arrested on suspicion of manslaughter, and the case is re-opened.

no really lol, was there a lawsuit brought up? Police around here can't seem to fire a gun without a lawsuit coming up.

Yeah, the dead guy's family are onto it, I believe.

Although here, the police firing a gun is itself a newsworthy event. I've only seen British armed police a few times in my life. The most recent being the current G8 summit, (there are literally hundreds of cops surrounding the hotel my mate works in), and the most exciting of these being the time my best mate was carrying a fake gun around Newquay...

Now that was a fun night!

What is wrong with this picture?

1. Why is the color of the sky incorrect in this picture?

2. What caused the distorted proportions of the objects in this picture?

3. Is the lighting in this picture accurate?

4. How does the composition of this picture affect its overall quality?

5. What factors could have led to the blurriness of this picture?