Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is your absolute favorite topic of discussion?

1. Mar 24, 2004 #1
    Mine would be any discussion about "time travel".

What is yours?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 24, 2004 #2
  4. Mar 24, 2004 #3
    I second that.

5. Mar 24, 2004 #4

Janitor

Science Advisor

On the job, it was religion. But then we had to go to a meeting where we were warned not to discuss that topic on the premises. Go figure.

6. Mar 25, 2004 #5
    you got to be kidding!!

S E X !

peace (piece?),

7. Mar 25, 2004 #6

jimmy p

Gold Member

we got a third on that!

8. Mar 25, 2004 #7

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Probably consciousness, and I'm also a big basketball fan, so there's that too. I don't find talking about sex all that exciting (much better to actually do it).

9. Mar 26, 2004 #8

damn, too late to give a correct answer....

10. Mar 26, 2004 #9
    Where's the fun in discussing women? I can think of a dozen other things you can do with them.

11. Mar 26, 2004 #10
    ONLY 12?

peace,

ps: i hate amatures

Last edited: Mar 26, 2004
  12. Mar 26, 2004 #11
    For me it is guitars...what shall I get next, specifically.

*blatant derailing for guitar talk*

[​IMG]

I think this is going to be my next one...all $1800 worth of it!

13. Mar 26, 2004 #12

Njorl

Science Advisor

Politics, economics and history. I like to braid them together tightly. I particularly like discussiing them on-line, so that I don't lose friends.

Njorl

14. Mar 26, 2004 #13

Janitor

Science Advisor

Zero,

Once you get past the $250 range, does paying more for an acoustic actually buy you a noticeably better sound? Or does the excess cash go into gold filagree and stuff? What sort of music do you play?

15. Mar 27, 2004 #14
    I just love to stare and listen at women goofily, and dream and dream and dream and

ok I love to discuss about... what I'm passionate about :p

16. Mar 27, 2004 #15

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Looks like I am the first woman to post in this thread. Perhaps the high testosterone level here has warded off the women? :wink:

I don't have one particular favorite area of discussion. Right now home repairs are my main interest as my house is 10 years old and has decided to self destruct. Homes in the US are slapped together so poorly anymore.

Any capable men willing to come work on my house? I am a gourmet cook! :biggrin:

17. Mar 27, 2004 #16
    *grins*

Thanks for helping me hijack. Yes, for over $250, you get better wood and construction, a better electronics package if you go that route, and higher resale value if you decide to sell later.

I play blues, rock, and metal.

Oh, and speaking of guitars, here's one that shares a name with Evo:

[​IMG]

18. Mar 27, 2004 #17

Nereid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Do you feel that well fed men are capable of fixing houses Evo? And do capable women need the 'carrot' of good food to help you?
    ;-)
    {no, I don't expect it to turn into a smilie}

19. Mar 27, 2004 #18

Nereid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Which forum - other than PF - do you discuss them on?

20. Mar 27, 2004 #19

Evo

Staff: Mentor

No they have to do the work first, then eat. :smile: Actually the last guy that "volunteered" to help me did more damage. I meet a lot of "mechanically challenged" men. :eek:

Considering that my septic pump failed and I just paid $1,300 to have it dug up & pumped out and the pump replaced (for the second time) and now I've found that the plumbing is backed up in the house as a result and will have to get someone out to snake the drain. I figured us women could sit back and watch this one. :biggrin:

I do alot of repairs myself, I'm pretty handy, I learned a lot from my mother who was very independent and quite capable of household repairs.

21. Mar 28, 2004 #20
    too much to discuss so beterr stop talk

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?