What is your best Disco Music?

• Music
  • Thread starter Sprinter
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary, the conversation discusses various popular disco and dance songs from different eras and artists, including songs like "Future Brain" by Den Harrow, "Barbie Girl" by Aqua, and "Voyage Voyage" by Desireless. The conversation also mentions a disco album featuring Mickey Mouse and the definition of disco music as a type of dance music with a distinct beat. The posters also mention their personal favorites and popular DJs like Tiesto and Paul Van Dyk.
Sprinter
Come On Dance, Dance - Saturday Night Band

Science news on Phys.org
Anything from ABBA

Ska. Ska ska ska ska ska.

Can't dance if it's not ska.

In no particular order:

Den harrow - Future brain
Miko mission - the world is you
Laban - Love in Siberia
Kylie Minogue - step back in time
Sandra - Heaven can wait
Fancy - When guardian angels cry
Kano - Another life
Opus - Live is life
Silent circle - Touch in the night
Mr zivago - Little russian
Gazebo - Lunatic
silja - how can i find love
Valerie Dore - Lancelot
Aqua - barbie girl
Fun factory - Celebration
Yazoo - Don't go
Galleon - One sign
Murray head - one night in bangkok
Joy - Lost in hong kong
Iio - Rapture
Desireless - Voyage voyage

And I'm sure I leave some out

YMCA by The Village People :biggrin:

I used to have a record as a kid that was Disco Mickey Mouse. That was always my favorite. :biggrin: I wonder if my parents still have it tucked away somewhere?

Moonbear said:
I used to have a record as a kid that was Disco Mickey Mouse. That was always my favorite. :biggrin: I wonder if my parents still have it tucked away somewhere?
A disco ball with ears. :tongue:

Moonbear said:
Tell them not to throw it away, it's gaining value. :bugeye:

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
Tell them not to throw it away, it's gaining value. :bugeye:
Wow! And it was three records too...two of them were Disco, IIRC, and one was children's songs, but they all came as a set. Somehow I doubt I'll ever see it again if my parents still have it...they have so much stuff stored that I've never even gotten all the Christmas ornaments I collected as a kid that I was supposed to get my first Christmas living on my own. :rolleyes: They don't know where they're buried. Or worse, they'll hold a garage sale and sell it for $1 without telling me. :grumpy:

Oh, I just noticed...that's for a CD version on Amazon. I wonder what the vinyl goes for? I didn't even know they ever came out with a CD version! I wish I had known that, I'd have gotten it back then...I always loved the song Disco Mickey Mouse. :biggrin: (Maybe we shouldn't let Zz see that it exists.)

Last edited by a moderator:
http://thefuntimesguide.com/audio/rick_dees_disco_duck.mp3

what is the HOTTEST disco music with very loud drum ?

http://eurodancehits.com/

By hottest I understand newest. in that case, eurodancehits publish each month a list of the most popular dance songs. You can find the list under the section NRG TOP 40 chart. There's an archive with the list of all the months of the past two years. I was looking the list of november 2005 and I can testify that the songs of Barcera, Akira and Cascada have loud drums. But then again, how many modern dance songs don't make use of loud drums?

Thank you very much.

Who sings the song Cha Cha Cha ?

Sprinter said:
what is the HOTTEST disco music with very loud drum ?

Personally I`m a BIG fan of the Global Underground series.

I’ve seen Nick Warren play live 3 times so I’m going to have to go out and buy this

Disco music is...?

So what exactly is the definition of "disco music"

Um, to me its that iffy stuff from the seventies with the bad clothes but rather infectious beat that does get you left foot tapping:approve:

It seems that the definition here is more "dance music" as most people know it as.

I really dig Tiesto (Voted #1 DJ 2004)
and Paul Van Dyk (Voted #1 DJ 2005)

What is your best Disco Music?

1. What defines a Disco Music?

A Disco Music is a genre of dance music that originated in the United States in the 1970s. It is characterized by its upbeat rhythm, electronic instrumentation, and strong emphasis on the bassline.

2. Who are some popular artists in the Disco Music genre?

Some popular artists in the Disco Music genre include Donna Summer, Bee Gees, KC and the Sunshine Band, and Gloria Gaynor.

3. How did Disco Music influence other genres?

Disco Music influenced other genres such as pop, funk, and electronic dance music. Its electronic instrumentation and danceable beats were adopted by many artists in the 1980s and 1990s.

4. What are some famous Disco Music songs?

Some famous Disco Music songs include "Stayin' Alive" by Bee Gees, "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor, and "Le Freak" by Chic.

5. Is Disco Music still popular today?

While its mainstream popularity declined in the 1980s, Disco Music continues to have a strong following and is often played at parties, clubs, and weddings. Its influence can also be heard in contemporary pop and electronic music.