Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is your favorite magazine?

1. Aug 7, 2006 #1
    So as the topic says which is yours??

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 7, 2006 #2
    come on you could have at least spelt it right, as your favourite magazine

i dont think people will understand this topic because of the title and all

i suspect also that theres already a magazine topic around. ok, maybe not

4. Aug 7, 2006 #3
    Playboy.

JK :smile: ...I don't read magazines (should I?)

5. Aug 7, 2006 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

heman, if you're going to ask about people's favorite magazines, you could at least share your own favorite first. :grumpy:

I don't read magazines. The last time I read a magazine was when I had to take my car in for an oil change and didn't bring anything to read (I didn't realize the place was one where you had to sit in a waiting area, not in your car, while waiting for the work to be done). They had a selection of old issues from two magazines, Motor Boating, which is what I ended up paging through while there, and some magazine that I suppose was supposed to be for the women, but was too "baking cookies for the kids" for my taste.

6. Aug 7, 2006 #5
    National Geographic, Scientific American, American Archaeology, Marine Corp Gazette.

7. Aug 7, 2006 #6
    I rarely read magazines, but the last one I read was Time.

8. Aug 7, 2006 #7
    SciAm and Musician's Friend (More of a catalogue really).

Paden Roder

9. Aug 7, 2006 #8

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

This is obviously a trick question. "Physics Today" is the only correct answer. Unless we are being honest, in which case my answer would have to be TransWorld Motocross. :biggrin:

10. Aug 7, 2006 #9

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I get three magazines at home, as much out of habit as anything else.

National Geographic - First subscription was a family gift from my sister. Very good, has always had good appeal for the whole family.
    Discover - It was more likely to appeal to the whole family than Scientific American.
    Time - It's good to have one news magazine. My nephew's school got some kind of benefit from selling magazine subscriptions and they offered Time (there's just not enough difference between news magazines to really matter).

When I was in high school, I had to read Scientific American and Time for school. At home, we got Scientific American, USNews & World Report, Aviation and Space Leak (except I think it was just called Aviation Week back then), and Life (does that magazine still exist?)

11. Aug 7, 2006 #10
    National Geographic, Guitar Player and ...
    ummm well I got it as a gift and found it to be kinda good for the kind of reading you do while waiting for the water to boil...Womans World.

12. Aug 7, 2006 #11

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This is going to start sounding like a broken record...

I subscribe to National Geographic, Time, Sky & Telescope, Outdoors, and a few trade journals.

- Warren

13. Aug 7, 2006 #12
    Guitarplayer, American Iron, and am planning on starting to read Scientific American or another similar magazine as soon as I can find a copy.

14. Aug 7, 2006 #13

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In order:

Road & Track
    Car and Driver
    Petersen's 4Wheel & Off-Road
    Maximum PC
    Popular Science
    Popular Mechanics

A pretty good cross section of my hobbies, I still need to find a good off-road RC Truck magazine.

15. Aug 7, 2006 #14

Mk

That's because you like physics_wiz's type of magazines. :tongue:

16. Aug 7, 2006 #15
    No comment o:)

17. Aug 7, 2006 #16
    Astronomy.

18. Aug 7, 2006 #17
    By the way, "JK" = Just kidding

19. Aug 7, 2006 #18
    New Scientist.

20. Aug 9, 2006 #19
    hmmm.....what you spelled is correct but i ain't wrong too.....but there was certainly a mistake in that sentence....not this one!!

by the unfortunately in contrast to your expectations,,people understood the topic and have replied as wello:)

@Moonbear.......yeah i was supposed to say that but i don't have any favorite....i just read them when i have free time...but i try to get my hands on like Nature,sportstar......

one magazine which has come up as interesection of many peoples is National Geographic....i wonder why is that up in score!

I was just looking how many guys out here do that on purpose and why do they read particular magazine...

21. Aug 9, 2006 #20

Evo

Staff: Mentor

People started responding after I re-wrote the question. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?