Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is your favorite part of this forum?

1. Feb 19, 2016 #1
    Glad to have joined this website. I'm sure I'll be needing help with physics soon.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 19, 2016 #2
    Insights :)

4. Feb 19, 2016 #3
    The Lounge. :biggrin:

5. Feb 19, 2016 #4

fresh_42

Staff: Mentor

All that I have a chance to understand.

6. Feb 19, 2016 #5

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

I like the snack bar and the extreme dominoes play area.

Oh wait, non-staff don't have access to those areas...

7. Feb 20, 2016 #6

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

I like the smokey backroom where we have our poker nights. After a few drinks, Evo can swear like a drunken sailor!

Zz.

8. Feb 20, 2016 #7
    I think this community is the most actively insightful and helping part of the internet. Everyone is friendly and every problem I asked so far was solved by the help from others.

9. Feb 20, 2016 #8
    I just like browsing through the threads. Not just for the technical facts. I find there are many insightful tidbits of information in them, the kind of stuff that may be common sense to professionals and experts, but make me stop and think, "Hmm, I never thought of it that way..".

I must say I appreciate the efforts of the mentors and advisers to help us students and laypeople. I would recommend this site to anybody.

10. Feb 22, 2016 #9
    I don't know why, but I read that as "drunken chicken" the first time.

@Greg Bernhardt Have you considered implementing any forum-wide automatic word substitutions, a la xkcd:Substitutions? It's good for a laugh whenever pomeranians start typing like drunken sailors.

11. Mar 2, 2016 #10
    Best part I like is when you look at the PF page,

Up at bit, no a bit more , to the right, a bit to the left.
    Now scratch that area.
    Oh. that feels better.
    Free on-demand back scratching service.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted