Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is your home page?

1. Apr 8, 2004 #1
    Today I finally moved to Google.com, after realizing it is the site I probably use the most every day. Besides, it's easy to load so I don't have to wait ages every time I open a new browser window.

What's your home page?
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 9, 2004 #2
    blank :biggrin:
    usually I open the browser anyway cause I have a lot of documentation in html and I don't like to go on a site unless I need to.....
  4. Apr 9, 2004 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Google, has been and will be for a long time to come.. although I really don't like how they've changed their algorithm and the layout of the site recently :mad:
  5. Apr 9, 2004 #4
    Google, Gooogle
  6. Apr 9, 2004 #5
    Hey.. I thought I was alone in this Google home page world :)
  7. Apr 9, 2004 #6
    yahoo before but now itz google :)
  8. Apr 10, 2004 #7
    Always was, Always been Google for me
  9. Apr 10, 2004 #8
    Google's algorithm change

I noticed the layout changed slightly. I didn't know they changed the algorithm. Lemme check...

[Chris checks to see where his site ranks...]

...Wow. My site ranks at number six now. This algorithm change is great. I don't see why you don't like it, Monique.
  10. Apr 10, 2004 #9

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Because now if I try to find something, I can't find any reasonable information anymore! They changed the algorythm so that .edu sites have a higher ranking or that if the name is in the URL it gets a high ranking too. I don't know.. just doesn't work for me.
  11. Apr 10, 2004 #10
    They also removed the links to directory categories when you search for some popular term.
  12. Apr 10, 2004 #11
    Google. When im not on PF im usually browing around on Google. Im suprised that many people do have Google on their homepage, otherwise it'd probably be Yahoo or something along those lines.
  13. Apr 13, 2004 #12
    The Bomb

Google is the bomb but to have a little fun try the mirror to find it just search for google mirror :cool:
  14. Apr 13, 2004 #13
    That's pretty trick, but they need to get the letters backwards to make it totally authentic.
  15. Apr 13, 2004 #14

I like it to come up quickly so I can get where I'm going quickly.

16. Apr 14, 2004 #15
    Google seems to be much worse this morning. There is no longer an option to display all search results related by web site domain name. Searches that used to return hundreds of hits now only return five or so.
  17. Apr 18, 2004 #16

18. Apr 29, 2004 #17
    firefox page, never bothered to change it
  19. May 15, 2004 #18

and for some reason I can't change it anymore.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?