What's Your Homepage? Find Out What Others Use

• Thread starter waht
  • Start date
In summary: Opera but have been considering changing.It opens google, which I think is one of the websites that loads the fastest. Usually when I open the browser I instantly open a few tabs with my bookmarks.Chrome is ok, but there are some things that don't work (most video, such as youtube). But it's fast enough for me.I use google/yahoo, but recently have been playing around with Microsoft's bing. It runs fast, and it's nice and flashy.I also see delays in the chrome response. It load the page different way so you see a blank page for like few micro-seconds to seconds which is bit annoying. During that time, you don't
Google.

What else is there? lol

Actually originally I put Google as my homepage because of the computer I used to have. It would take 5 mins to load the homepage if I had it set for Yahoo! or CNN or something of that sort because my computer was terrible. And keeping it as my homepage just worked for me. I frequently search useless information enough that it's easiest lol Although maybe in that case I should make it Wikipedia... Hmmmmm..

Physics news on Phys.org
Mine opens to http://www.davesbrain.ca/portal1.html" [Broken].

Last edited by a moderator:
davec426913 said:
mine opens to http://www.davesbrain.ca/portal1.html" [Broken].

wow!

DaveC426913 said:

JavaScript
JavaScript Reference
not working.

I don't see jQuery? :biggrin:

I noticed that you encounter some problem, you search the solution and you bookmark the link. I maintain a private blog for those things. I have like 400 bookmarks and naming - categorizing each would take too much time.

Greg Bernhardt said:
ya'll are really missing out on some brownie points right now :biggrin:
MY home page is Phisicsforums dot calm!

On all of my computers!

AND my iPod.

:freegoldstatus smiley:

Edit: a minute ago, it was the New York Times front page.

rootX said:
JavaScript
JavaScript Reference
not working.

I don't see jQuery? :biggrin:

I noticed that you encounter some problem, you search the solution and you bookmark the link. I maintain a private blog for those things. I have like 400 bookmarks and naming - categorizing each would take too much time.

Yeah. Some links have surely rotted by now. I haven't needed some of those JavaScript links recently. I should clean them up.

BTW, it's completely editable. One click and I can add, edit, delete or move any item.

And I wrote the whole thing myself from scratch. :approve: In PHP no less. I have long considered rewriting it in .NET but it has worked so well for so many years, I've never had any reason to modify it, let alone redo it.

Hubble ultra-deep field is my wallpaper.

DaveC426913 said:

I snooped around your website. Man, those are some nice graphics you made. Are you a drafter/graphic artist by trade, or is it a hobby?

Loren Booda said:
Hubble ultra-deep field is my wallpaper.

I pull mine from http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html" [Broken] whenever they have something good (and the right screen ratio). Right now it's the Orion Nebula.

Greg Bernhardt said:
ya'll are really missing out on some brownie points right now :biggrin:
My Firefox opens a blank page while doing the dial-up. When I get a connection, I poke my Home button which is PF. :smile:

My wallpaper is the SDSS shot of M-51

dlgoff said:
My Firefox opens a blank page while doing the dial-up. When I get a connection, I poke my Home button which is PF. :smile:

"Dial up"?
:confused:
"Dial up"?
:uhh:
"Dial up"?

Chi Meson said:
"Dial up"?
:confused:
"Dial up"?
:uhh:
"Dial up"?
Some of us out here in the boonies still live in the dark ages.

Cyrus said:
I snooped around your website. Man, those are some nice graphics you made. Are you a drafter/graphic artist by trade, or is it a hobby?

Thanks! I've been an artist all my life. Come by it honestly. My father is a watercolourist, his brother is a commerical artist and my sister did the illo art for Stephen J. Gould's http://books.google.com/books?id=Sj...=Oqq_So2FE6XEzgSewfjIDw#v=onepage&q=&f=false" I had was a family affair with the four of us,

I've been a software/web designer/developer for 15 years. I've never really had the conviction to 'art'ify professionally - a combination of the pressure and the fear that it will become a chore. This is much to the extreme chagrin of just about everyone I know.

What I really want to do is http://www.davesbrain.ca/art/science_illos/index.html" [Broken] (most of these are actually for PF).

My current project is a survey of my friend's 70'x20' backyard G-scale railway.

dailycap.com - 15 minutes and I get my news fill.

DaveC426913 said:

Rut-roh Dave, I just tried the link...your brain is down :frown:.

lisab said:
Rut-roh Dave, I just tried the link...your brain is down :frown:.
Maybe it can sense girlz. Try again and pretend you're a dude.

DaveC426913 said:
Maybe it can sense girlz. Try again and pretend you're a dude.

Ah...OK, you must have disabled the girlz filter :smile:.

<h2>1. What is a homepage?</h2><p>A homepage is the main or starting page of a website. It is the first page that appears when you visit a website and typically contains links to other pages within the website.</p><h2>2. Why is it important to know what others use as their homepage?</h2><p>Knowing what others use as their homepage can provide insight into popular websites and trends. It can also help you discover new websites and resources that you may not have known about before.</p><h2>3. How can I find out what others use as their homepage?</h2><p>You can find out what others use as their homepage by simply asking them or conducting a survey. You can also browse online forums and discussions to see what websites people frequently mention or recommend.</p><h2>4. Is it necessary to have a homepage?</h2><p>No, it is not necessary to have a homepage. Some websites may choose to have a different landing page or may not have a designated homepage at all. However, having a clear and organized homepage can make it easier for users to navigate and access the content on a website.</p><h2>5. Can I change my homepage?</h2><p>Yes, you can change your homepage. Most web browsers allow you to customize your homepage to your preferred website. You can also change your homepage by simply typing in a different URL or by setting a new homepage in your browser's settings.</p>

1. What is a homepage?

A homepage is the main or starting page of a website. It is the first page that appears when you visit a website and typically contains links to other pages within the website.

2. Why is it important to know what others use as their homepage?

Knowing what others use as their homepage can provide insight into popular websites and trends. It can also help you discover new websites and resources that you may not have known about before.

3. How can I find out what others use as their homepage?

You can find out what others use as their homepage by simply asking them or conducting a survey. You can also browse online forums and discussions to see what websites people frequently mention or recommend.

4. Is it necessary to have a homepage?

No, it is not necessary to have a homepage. Some websites may choose to have a different landing page or may not have a designated homepage at all. However, having a clear and organized homepage can make it easier for users to navigate and access the content on a website.

5. Can I change my homepage?

Yes, you can change your homepage. Most web browsers allow you to customize your homepage to your preferred website. You can also change your homepage by simply typing in a different URL or by setting a new homepage in your browser's settings.