What is the Distribution of IQ Scores Among Gifted Individuals?

• Thread starter QuantumTheory
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Iq
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of IQ tests and their accuracy and meaning. The participants discuss their own experiences with IQ tests, including one person who took a standardized test at a young age and another who took an online test. They also discuss the concept of "orthodox" and its meaning. Ultimately, the group agrees that IQ tests are not a reliable measure of intelligence and should not be given so much importance.
I think that might take a firehose. Got one?

Physics news on Phys.org
Pengwuino said:
Should we brainwash him?

That reminds me

QT, have you ever thought of joining the Marines?

moose said:
That reminds me
QT, have you ever thought of joining the Marines?

At least that'll give him some self-confidence...

harmnone reminds me of the guy who was following Enlgish Bob around, until he got run out of the saloon by Clint Eastwood's character. Always focusing on someone else.

Ask yourself just what the purpose of this rant is, HN, since we do not need your protection.

You are probably a good guy too - what really interests you, (besides other people's foibles)?

Basic wisdom, you can only change yourself.

Oddly enough, mathwonk, friendship would be the answer to your question. QT and I have a long history, and I really do care about the guy. It's an unusual relationship, to be sure; however, there was no intent to protect you, nor to change QT. Only you can protect you, and only QT can change QT.

As to what interests me, the answers would be myriad. I'm interested in a lot of things, and tend to roam the internet searching out discussions that catch my fancy. There are many here that do that. Ergo, I come.

Hohum. QT, if your driving force behind learning is to merely obtain other people's approval then you might want to ask yourself why you really want to do physics, because you won't get people's respect just because you can slap 'Dr' in front of your name. I kind of spent a while trying to do well in my subjects solely to get my teachers' approval and respect and I never got anywhere and my grades fell into the ground. Just remember it's about the physics, if you want to do physics or whatever because you want to learn more about the field and understand some fundamental aspects that underpin reality then that's great, but if not then don't even try because it will destroy you. It's pretty clear to all of us that your in a bit of a state, and us telling you that you're great/intelligent/an omnipotent space cow won't really help you. Only you can change yourself and you're going to have to travel way outside of your comfort zone to do it.

Cheers,
Just some guy.

His name has a line through it now...does that mean he actually left, or was he banned?

I don't know, havn't been here long enough I guess.