What is your IQ?

HarmNone

Heh. Well, QT, I see you're at it again on yet another forum. How many have you been banned from now? Seven that I know of. It's always the same, isn't it? All these people, who seemed so nice at first, become suddenly vicious and turn on you en masse. You, of course, do nothing to provoke their ravenous attacks.

I'm going to say this one more time. I've been saying it for in excess of five years now, and it's getting old; yet, here we go again: It's not the rest of the world that's out of step. It's you. Humanity was not placed here for the express purpose of propping up your sagging ego, nor are they here to take the bait when you're fishing for compliments...or, even when you're fishing for insults, which you do just about as often.

You are not the be-all-end-all of calculus, physics, PHILOSOPHY (Please, for the love of all that's real, note that spelling!), or anything else. You're just a person, like the rest of us. Some are more intelligent in a given area than others, but we're all just human beings and we're NOT here to serve your needs. You're still very young. You're neither amazingly intelligent or dismally stupid. You're you. Settle for that and quit trying to get others to support your delusions that you're anything other than you.

I'll end this rant, as I've ended many other rants on many other message boards. Until he's stopped, this will continue to be QT's M.O. I've seen it so many times, I can almost predict what his next post will be...the post after he says he won't ever post again on these message boards. You're in for a bumpy road if you try to help, and if you don't. QT is the epitome of a Catch 22. You're damned if you do, and just as damned if you don't.

That was weirder than anything QT posted. A message from a Texas Ranger who's been tracking him from board to board.

Pengwuino

Gold Member
Looks like Walker has QT's number....

HarmNone

I've dealt with QT for quite a few years now, in several different venues. Actually, I don't dislike the guy. He's not a bad kid, really. He's just very misguided. I'm hoping against hope, if he keeps getting called out and his antics made known, he'll stop this nonsense and become the person he could be. Call it a mission. ;)

Pengwuino

Gold Member
Should we brainwash him?

HarmNone

I think that might take a firehose. Got one?

Pengwuino said:
Should we brainwash him?
That reminds me

QT, have you ever thought of joining the Marines?

Pengwuino

Gold Member
moose said:
That reminds me
QT, have you ever thought of joining the Marines?
At least that'll give him some self-confidence...

mathwonk

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
harmnone reminds me of the guy who was following Enlgish Bob around, until he got run out of the saloon by Clint Eastwood's character. Always focusing on someone else.

Ask yourself just what the purpose of this rant is, HN, since we do not need your protection.

You are probably a good guy too - what really interests you, (besides other people's foibles)?

Basic wisdom, you can only change yourself.

HarmNone

Oddly enough, mathwonk, friendship would be the answer to your question. QT and I have a long history, and I really do care about the guy. It's an unusual relationship, to be sure; however, there was no intent to protect you, nor to change QT. Only you can protect you, and only QT can change QT.

As to what interests me, the answers would be myriad. I'm interested in a lot of things, and tend to roam the internet searching out discussions that catch my fancy. There are many here that do that. Ergo, I come.

Hohum. QT, if your driving force behind learning is to merely obtain other people's approval then you might want to ask yourself why you really want to do physics, because you won't get people's respect just because you can slap 'Dr' in front of your name. I kind of spent a while trying to do well in my subjects solely to get my teachers' approval and respect and I never got anywhere and my grades fell into the ground. Just remember it's about the physics, if you want to do physics or whatever because you want to learn more about the field and understand some fundamental aspects that underpin reality then that's great, but if not then don't even try because it will destroy you. It's pretty clear to all of us that your in a bit of a state, and us telling you that you're great/intelligent/an omnipotent space cow won't really help you. Only you can change yourself and you're going to have to travel way outside of your comfort zone to do it.

Cheers,
Just some guy.

G01

Homework Helper
Gold Member
His name has a line through it now.....does that mean he actually left, or was he banned?

I don't know, havn't been here long enough I guess.