Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is your morning routine?

1. Nov 25, 2014 #1
    for the average working days lets say

for me

9.30 wakes up

9.45 - goes to the shop for a newspaper

10.25 - have breakfast and watch Jeremy Kyle on ITV 1 plus 1

11.25 watch this morning

12.30 heads to work (i start at 1pm)

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 25, 2014 #2

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Gee, where do you get the time? My alarm goes at 6:50 and at 7:10 I'm out the door. I don't wake up until 8:00.

4. Nov 25, 2014 #3

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Get up at 5 am. Shower, shave. Work on physics stuff, either for work, or on my own stuff. Get breakfast for my eight-year-old daughter and make/pack lunch for myself. (Wife doesn't trust me to make a nutritious lunch for daughter, so she makes that.). Daughter and I leave our place at 7:15 , walk to coffee shop (even when it is -25C), and arrive at 7:40. Have tea and a cheese croissant. Leave coffee shop at 8:15, and walk daughter to school. Walk to to bus stop, catch bus, and arrive at work at 8:50.

5. Nov 25, 2014 #4

Danger

Gold Member

Does no one but me ever defecate? :confused:

6. Nov 25, 2014 #5

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Up at 4:45 on workdays. Make two cups of very nice coffee, read the news for a while while I drink them. Iron clothes, shower, pack my workout bag if I'm going to the gym that day. Out the door by 6:15 or so for a long commute to work. Eat breakfast at work, usually cereal.

Weekends: usually up by 6:00. Same two cups of coffee and news-reading, but a bit more lazy after that ;).

7. Nov 26, 2014 #6
    Hear the alarm at 6 30,
    think to myself: 5 more minutes
    get up at 8, at best,
    cry

8. Nov 26, 2014 #7

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

an early start there Lisab !

alarm at 0615
    up, washed and at puter by 0625
    5 solar images to download to my database as with a bunch of seismograms from the NZ network
    quick check of email and forums
    0700 leave home grab brekky on way to work
    0715 at work for a 0730 start
    1630 finish, home within 7 minutes unless stopping to do stuff on the way

Dave

9. Nov 26, 2014 #8
    Eating home is too mainstream ? :P

10. Nov 26, 2014 #9

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I never have breakfast at home on work days, I need time to wake up properly before eating ;)

there's only about 6km between home and work and if traffic isn't too bad about a 7 +- 1minute trip

just do a standard 8 hr day, don't get any thanks if I worked any longer

11. Nov 27, 2014 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I don't do mornings.

12. Nov 27, 2014 #11
    Man you guys are up early...

I usually wake around between 9:00-10:00. First thing I do when I get out of bed is pushups (about 120 over three sets), then I cook/eat breakfast and usually get to my office around 11:00.

I don't think I'll ever be able to deal with a 9:00-5:00 job where I can't set my own schedule.

13. Nov 27, 2014 #12

Danger

Gold Member

To be technical, I don't have mornings, let alone do them. I keep a cat-like schedule, based upon an approximately 34-hour cycle. Although I have to sleep anywhere from 10—16 hours per 24, it's never for more than 4 or 5 maximum at a go. Usually more like 2 or 3. My extended periods of wakefulness are just for eating or bathroom activities, and I watch TV and do my computer stuff during and on both sides of that time. If you've ever wondered why I'm constantly switching between logged in and logged out, or logged in but non-responsive, that's why. Sometimes I fall asleep or have a bathroom emergency without shutting down PF.

14. Nov 27, 2014 #13

Evo

It's the same for me. I am up right now because i had to lie down earlier and fell asleep for several hours.

15. Nov 27, 2014 #14

Danger

Gold Member

Damn! That means that we can never actually be lovers. Neither one of us could stay awake long enough. :(

16. Nov 27, 2014 #15

Evo

LOL

17. Nov 29, 2014 #16

Danger

Gold Member

My official morning routine, if I had to put in on a medical questionnaire, is:
    Open one eye.
    If there's nothing within reach to eat or have sex with, close eye.
    Repeat 2 hours later.

18. Nov 29, 2014 #17
    Lately my routine has been
    Wake up between 5.30 - 6.30am. Make my bed, turn laptop on. Take domperidone and lorazepam, do dishes. Then go to my laptop and check Facebook, PhysOrg, Gmail + ISP address emails, log into PF chat. Once finish coffee, dry dishes and put away. Then have a shower. Put washing on. Go back to my laptop and wait for Evo to come on.

19. Nov 29, 2014 #18
    Jeremy Kyle USA edition is on between 12.30 - 2.30pm on TV2 in New Zealand. Jordan (my half brother) and I have a habit of watching it, although at 2pm I switch over to Parliament TV to watch Parliament live (if its sitting).

20. Nov 29, 2014 #19

jedishrfu

Up at five

Walk dogs

Work at 6 am

Snack a little each hour (lettuce, cherry tomatoes, peppers, Greek yogurt)

Take a short walk at 12noon

Go home at 2:30pm or thereabouts...

Why? To avoid heavy traffic on local roads at 7-9am and 3-7pm.

Bodily functions as needed...

PF posts as needed...

Browse Internet randomly or work related, watch YouTube documentaries if interesting...

21. Nov 29, 2014 #20
    Wake up at 08:00 from the alarm clock, then give up and go back to sleep. By the time I get up it's no longer morning.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook