Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is your relgion?

1. Judaism

0 vote(s)
  2. Islamic

1 vote(s)
  3. Hinduism

0 vote(s)
  4. Atheist

22 vote(s)
  5. Buddhism

2 vote(s)
  6. Christianity

12 vote(s)
  7. Other...please post what you believe in

12 vote(s)
  1. Mar 28, 2003 #1
    I was just brushing up on the old God & relgion area and was wondering what everyone's religion or beleife is i am not looking for an exsplantion because that starts a fight...

edited with spell checkign powers... and to get more people to submit to the poll
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2003
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 29, 2003 #2
    wow all 2 of us dont belive in god?
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2003
  4. Mar 29, 2003 #3
  5. Mar 30, 2003 #4
    i voted other but because i belive a lot of things, including some of all of the above. aside from atheism that is. :wink:

and Sensei, as you might have noticed i do consier that a good idea; but i think it is something that should be done on a personal level. trying to make the world have one consept of god has lead to some of the most evil things humans have ever done.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2003
  6. Mar 30, 2003 #5
    I think it's possible, but I'm willing to bet the last ones to jump on the bandwagon will be the Muslims. They are some hardcore mamma jammas.
  7. Mar 31, 2003 #6
    actualy i would think it would be a polytheistic relgion because the new "trend" is monotheism
  8. Apr 1, 2003 #7
    I am a Mopist (I practice Mopism). We Broomists consider cleaning a sacred covenent with the all powerfull Mr. Clean.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2003
  9. Apr 1, 2003 #8
    I'd probably be best described as an Agnostic, i.e. can't make up my mind
  10. Apr 1, 2003 #9

Yeah... why isn't agnostic an option?
    I am kinda an agnostic leaning vaguely in the direction of atheism.
  11. Apr 1, 2003 #10
    Reasonism? :wink:
  12. Apr 1, 2003 #11

And as its antipode, Lifegazerism? :wink:
  13. Apr 1, 2003 #12
    I don't define myself as anything, otherwise it becomes "contrived" and detracts from your perception. I still consider the Bible a good reference book though (amongst a few others).
  14. Apr 1, 2003 #13
    A good reference book for what? Strict rules to guide your life that are then broken page after page by God and man.
  15. Apr 1, 2003 #14
    If there is a God in heaven, and this is the book that's been handed down, then yes, there "must" be something to it. As far as the "big if" is concerned? this you'll have to work out for yourself.

Whereas if nothing else, the Bible is a blueprint for the "frailty of the human condition." Which, is kind of what you're saying isn't it? And when you read some of the stories, come to find out these people are no different than you or I, and you begin to wonder about it and say, Wow, God operates through common ordinary people, and it becomes that much easier to relate to.

I don't know what else to say? Except that I rely on my observations, rather than the labels attached, otherwise you can't see what's really there.
  16. Apr 2, 2003 #15
    I'm an atheist, which I don't see as a religion.
  17. Apr 2, 2003 #16
    it's a belife or disbelife rather
  18. Apr 3, 2003 #17

Science Advisor

Actually, its the lack of belief. Its the "I can't prove god does exist, and I can't prove that he does not exist. Neither can anyone else"

But from that stance, that makes everyone an atheist. The only difference, is ppl such as myself, admit this. People with religous beliefs think they can prove his existance by merely uttering a few words from religous text.
  19. Apr 4, 2003 #18

So-called Agnostics stop pretending you're on the fence and admit there is no God too :smile:
  20. Apr 4, 2003 #19

No, I regard my particular brand of agnosticism as distinct from atheism - I accept that god can exist, but contend that no evidence for his existence is present and he probably doesn't exist. For the time being, it is better to live life as though God/gods do not exist than otherwise.
  21. Apr 4, 2003 #20
    I find myself inclinded the same way as FZ+.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?