What Judicial decision has had the most impact upon American's lives?

In summary: This is not a thread about Roe vs Wade. The topic was "What Judicial decision has had the most impact upon American's lives?".
timejim
I would have to say the "Roe vs Wade" case. It has contributed to mass genocide (fetuscide?) of tens of millions of "could have been Americans". In this group would have been countless Teachers, Doctors, Scientists, Engineers, etc. Maybe one of them would have found a cure for cancer, who knows.

I just cannot comprehend how this could have come about, especially in America.

Physics news on Phys.org
I've always been anti-abortion, and I'm not a Republican. The feminista movement wants you to believe that It's about a woman's right to choose, but the bottomline is, It's human life that we're killing.

Originally posted by The_Professional
I've always been anti-abortion, and I'm not a Republican. The feminista movement wants you to believe that It's about a woman's right to choose, but the bottomline is, It's human life that we're killing.

I have to agree with you there. It reminds me of the old quote "All wars are civil wars because all men are brothers."

Anything which reduces sperm count has killed many more Americans. Perhaps male masturbation should be eliminated before abortion.

It has contributed to mass genocide (spermicide?) of trillions of trillions of "could have been Americans". In this group would have been countless Teachers, Doctors, Scientists, Engineers, etc. Maybe one of them would have found a cure for cancer, who knows.

Or they could be serial killers, rapists, child molesters, another Hitler.

Marbury v Madison -> established judicial review

Originally posted by Dissident Dan
Marbury v Madison -> established judicial review

That was a very significant decision. Perhaps even the most significant.

I would say the ratification fo the 19th amendment. More than half the votes that have decided the course of this nation since 1920 would not have been cast without it.

How is that a judicial decision?

brown VS the board of ed
no seprate and unequal schools
and the modern start of the civil rights movement

Originally posted by master_coda Perhaps male masturbation should be eliminated before abortion.

Why? When has masturbation murdered a child or nipped an innocent life in the bud? There's a great difference between a fertilized egg, the awesome union of sperm and egg, versus solitary sperm. Haven't your parents ever discussed sex education with you? Or did they leave it up to the liberal schools of shallow thought?

Guys, please keep it on track so the moderator gods don't get upset...

Originally posted by Dissident Dan
Guys, please keep it on track so the moderator gods don't get upset...

Cool. We wouldn't want it to get out of hand...

Originally posted by David Ben-Ariel
There's a great difference between a fertilized egg, the awesome union of sperm and egg, versus solitary sperm.

The potential to be a human is not created when an egg is fertilized. It always exists. So a sperm is just as much a "potential person" as a fertilized egg. The technical differences are not relevant, since nowhere in the medical description of conception does it say "and now the egg and sperm have magically become a human being".

Of course this is probably off topic. But while the token topic of this thread is about judicial decisions, the first couple posts seemed to show that this was really just an excuse to tell us how abortion is the worst thing in the history of the USA.

It wasn't really much of a thread anyway. The determination of what was the most influential decision is highly subjective, and even the posters like Dissident Dan who tried to make constructive contributions did little more than state a decision and give a brief summary. There hasn't been any actual discussion. So if some moderator wants to lock this thread it doesn't really bother me.

master_coda is right. The topic was "What Judicial decision has had the most impact upon American's lives?".

Roe vs Wade has been beneficial to a small portion of women in this country. It *is* a hot topic for a lot of religious and political groups, but it has not "impacted" their lives.

Easy. I agree with Dissident Dan. Marbury v. Madison, or else it's unlikely that there would be any of the following cases. It's affected every single American in the history of the United States.

Pretty much every other case has affected only a subset of the population of the US.

cookiemonster

1. What is the most significant judicial decision in American history?

The most significant judicial decision in American history is often debated, but many consider the landmark case of Brown v. Board of Education (1954) to be the most impactful. This decision declared that segregation in public schools was unconstitutional, leading to the desegregation of schools across the country and paving the way for further civil rights advancements.

2. How did the Roe v. Wade decision impact American lives?

The Roe v. Wade decision, handed down by the Supreme Court in 1973, legalized abortion in the United States. This decision has had a significant impact on American lives, as it has allowed women to have control over their reproductive rights and access safe and legal abortions.

3. What was the outcome of the Citizens United v. FEC decision?

The Citizens United v. FEC decision, issued by the Supreme Court in 2010, ruled that corporations and unions have the same free speech rights as individuals and can spend unlimited amounts of money on political campaigns. This decision has had a major impact on American politics, as it has led to a flood of corporate and special interest money in elections.

4. How did the Supreme Court's decision in Miranda v. Arizona protect American citizens?

The Miranda v. Arizona decision, handed down by the Supreme Court in 1966, established the rights of individuals when they are in police custody. This decision requires law enforcement to inform individuals of their right to remain silent and have an attorney present during questioning. It has helped protect American citizens from self-incrimination and ensure fair treatment in criminal proceedings.

5. What was the impact of the Obergefell v. Hodges decision on American society?

The Obergefell v. Hodges decision, issued by the Supreme Court in 2015, legalized same-sex marriage in all 50 states. This decision has had a profound impact on American society, as it granted equal rights and recognition to the LGBTQ+ community and paved the way for further advancements in LGBTQ+ rights.