What kind of cars do you prefer?

• Thread starter Dagenais
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cars
In summary, the conversation discusses the types of cars preferred by different individuals, including SUVs, sedans, sports cars, vans, and motorcycles. The conversation also touches on the importance of safety and fuel efficiency in car choices, as well as personal preferences for different car companies. There is also a mention of prototype hydrogen-powered cars and the debate over their power and gas consumption. The conversation ends with a discussion on the environmental impact of diesel cars and personal experiences with fuel efficiency.
Dagenais
What kind of cars do you prefer?

Ones that are European, Asian, or American?

SUVs, Sedans, Sports cars or Vans?

Physics news on Phys.org
Depends upon how much money you have to purchase it with, 'safe' is preferable to me...and that does NOT induce me to drive like a 'safe(r) nutcase' from lots of experience, and God's grace that spared me some of that/those experience(s)...

:cool:

I like the car that I own. Because it's the only one I can actually use.

cookiemonster

I own an SUV, I'll pick an SUV over a car anyday.

Hope you like burning money. =]

cookiemonster

It's worth every penny ;)

How about them prototype hydrogen-powered cars? 0 to 60 in 14 seconds :smile:

It probably won't be nearly as powerful as modern cars that get from 0 to 60 in 3-4 seconds, but at least it won't be guzzling up gas.

I own an SUV, I'll pick an SUV over a car anyday.

What kind?

My favourite car company is Jeep :)

I have always preferred European and Japanese over American.

i prefer and drive german cars...i am on my 3rd VW Golf (this time with a turbo engine :) )

Dagenais said:
What kind?

My favourite car company is Jeep :)

Toyota 4 Runner

I bought my daughter a 4 Runner. Now I want it, but she won't let me drive it. :frown:

people honestly you are all missing out: the only vehicle for me is a motor bike, once you ride one u will never look at a car the same, i can't use words to describe the finer points of a bike you have to ride one to find out

I had a VW Jetta, diesel, best fuel milage I have ever seen ~1000 klic's per tank, got from Montreal to Vancouver (Canada) for ~$250.00 in fuel cost...nice handling too...

In heavy traffic, I drive my Ram with the jungle bars. "If you can't Dodge it, Ram it." Light traffic, the Element, aka "The Toaster." Sadly, no place to put a gun rack on the Element.

A read a report for Greener Cars that claimed the Jetta Diesel's are still more polluted than petro...

:(

1. What factors do you consider when choosing a car?

As a scientist, I prefer cars that are fuel efficient and have low emissions. I also prioritize safety features and technology advancements.

2. Do you prefer electric, hybrid, or traditional gasoline cars?

I personally prefer electric or hybrid cars because they have lower emissions and are more environmentally friendly. However, traditional gasoline cars may be more suitable for certain situations or budgets.

3. How do you determine the reliability of a car?

I research the car's history, read reviews from reputable sources, and look at the manufacturer's track record for producing reliable vehicles. I also consider the warranty and maintenance plans offered.

4. What role do aesthetics play in your car preference?

Aesthetics are not a top priority for me when choosing a car. However, I do appreciate sleek and modern designs, as well as functional and practical features.

5. Are you brand loyal when it comes to cars?

As a scientist, I prioritize data and research over brand loyalty. I am open to considering all car brands as long as they meet my criteria for efficiency, safety, and reliability.