What kind of girls/boys you like?

• Thread starter yuwingsin
  • Start date
In summary, yuwinsin likes girls of the same race and who are action-cute, good body building, pretty, have a beautiful smile, are not-disguising, have a charming look, are young, have a good temper, and a cute and sweet voice. However, they are very picky and only like "green" people. They also mention the term "amie" and "brokeback," which is a forbidden movie in the Great Eastern Empire but has created a new slang term in China. They also mention being bored with girls who aren't "brilliant" and wanting to play "brokeback" for fun. They also mention being easily bored and believing that the apathetic temperament should
yuwingsin
What kind of girls/boys you like?

I feel the same race's girls are close to me.

I like action-cute, good body building, pretty, beautiful smile, not-disguising, charming look, young, good temper, cute and sweet voice's girls.

But this may not queue to me here...

Physics news on Phys.org
Brilliant ones. And I'm exceedingly picky.

I only like green ones.

franznietzsche said:
And I'm exceedingly picky.

Really? Why are you so? Do you have any amie?

yuwingsin said:
Really? Why are you so? Do you have any amie?

Uh...because I'm bored with girls who aren't brilliant? And no, I don't. I'm picky, remember?

franznietzsche said:
Uh...because I'm bored with girls who aren't brilliant? And no, I don't. I'm picky, remember?

Haha, recently our school's students like to play brokeback... May be they are also bored to girls. But I believe they are not serious.

To play "brokeback" is fun. Try it.

"Brokeback"

This is a term I am unfamiliar with. Would I be presumptuous if I guessed its meaning?

"amie" This is another term I am not familiar with. I have no idea what to make of it.

While the movie is forbidden in the Great Eastern Empire, its title has engendered a new slang in China.
This is OLD news, at least to me.

yuwingsin said:
Haha, recently our school's students like to play brokeback... May be they are also bored to girls. But I believe they are not serious.

Riiiight...
I think you just called me gay, and that you didn't understand what I actually said, but I'm not quite sure.

arildno said:
While the movie is forbidden in the Great Eastern Empire, its title has engendered a new slang in China.
This is OLD news, at least to me.

:rofl: :rofl:

And to think that I thought that people in Alabama were bad enough :rolleyes: .

DaveC426913 said:
"Brokeback"

This is a term I am unfamiliar with. Would I be presumptuous if I guessed its meaning?

"amie" This is another term I am not familiar with. I have no idea what to make of it.

"Amie" is french for girlfriend.

arildno said:
To play "brokeback" is fun. Try it.

Originally you also think so... I think you know the experience?

"Ami" is french for boyfriend.
"Voulez vous ouvrir le fenetre, s'il vous plait?" means "Would you like to open the window, please?"

Actually, I got a decent grade in French..

Perhaps I'm reading too much into this whole thing.

yuwinsin seems to be suggesting that, where he comes from, "to play Brokeback" can be more of a fad than a way of life. As if you might "try it" because you're bored.

Well, you might be right, Dave, but it sure cures boredom on occasion..

DaveC426913 said:
Perhaps I'm reading too much into this whole thing.

yuwinsin seems to be suggesting that, where he comes from, "to play Brokeback" can be more of a fad than a way of life. As if you might "try it" because you're bored.

Absolute not! We are only to mock each them, we are friends, it is only to joy... You mistook my meaning...

arildno said:
Well, you might be right, Dave, but it sure cures boredom on occasion..

Oh I dunno, I'm really easily bored.

So, it is "only to enjoy" over there in China, yuwin?
Very interesting..

franznietzsche said:
Oh I dunno, I'm really easily bored.
Actually, the apathetic, almost flaccid temperament is way too maligned in our days. We should encourage it in the young nowadays; it will reduce the level of conflicts in our world.

arildno said:
So, it is "only to enjoy" over there in China, yuwin?
Very interesting..

Yes, our Chinese are very friendly...

I am very pride to our friendship...

It's very hot in China, I believe. I'll probably have to cut my sleeve, and hopefully, I'll be offered a half-eaten peach to quench my thirst.

arildno said:
It's very hot in China, I believe. I'll probably have to cut my sleeve, and hopefully, I'll be offered a half-eaten peach to quench my thirst.

That is a good method! I appreciate to your good idea! You are very clever!

I am glad you acquaint to our China very well!

arildno said:
Actually, the apathetic, almost flaccid temperament is way too maligned in our days. We should encourage it in the young nowadays; it will reduce the level of conflicts in our world.

Oh, its not apathy. Its arrogance and elitism.

I want a brilliant man. I've dated guys with brains and I've dated guys with looks. I'll take brains over looks any time.

My dream man would be tall, thin, pale, wear glasses and be brilliant. [rant]But he wouldn't be hypercritical of trivial things and make me afraid to talk to him.[/rant] :frown: :cry:

I know it's corny, but more than anything else, the thing that attracts me to women (and I suppose people in general) is their capacity to enjoy life.

It's a bit frustrating because a number of the things that I enjoy are relatively solitary pursuits, or are atypical pursuits for women in our society.

P.S.
Regarding French:
Amie is 'friend (female)', petite amie is 'girlfriend'.

...a pulse?

Evo said:
I want a brilliant man. I've dated guys with brains and I've dated guys with looks. I'll take brains over looks any time.

My dream man would be tall, thin, pale, wear glasses and be brilliant. [rant]But he wouldn't be hypercritical of trivial things and make me afraid to talk to him.[/rant] :frown: :cry:

Glasses? Bah, who needs em. Not my failing vision, no sirree. Actually, I think all this time at the computer is making my eyes go bad. Not in an optical sense, as far as I can tell, my actual eyeballs are still 20/20 each, but I have a lot of trouble getting the both eyes to focus on the same thing sometimes, especially after 5-6+ hours at the computer, so its a muscle problem as far as I can tell. Not fun though, since I tend to lose the ability to focus on anything for a few hours at a time once or twice a week almost now.

NateTG said:
P.S.
Regarding French:
Amie is 'friend (female)', petite amie is 'girlfriend'.
But, surely, "petit ami" is not an affectionate term for a boyfriend, is it?

French is very strange..:confused:

arildno said:
But, surely, "petit ami" is not an affectionate term for a boyfriend, is it?

French is very strange..:confused:

I'm not the best French speaker, but the difference between 'ami' and 'petit ami' is probably pretty close to the difference between 'friend' and 'boyfriend' in English.

Some French terms of endearment are a bit odd. "Mon chou" (my cabbage) is the best-known of the lot, but 'mon petit crotte' has got to be high on the list for strange. http://perso.wanadoo.fr/courriersducoeur/surnoms.htm has a list .

Well, I WAS actually trying to make a joke, but as usual, it fell on deaf ears..:frown:

I like girls that can hold a spanner and are not worried about getting a
little oily.

wolram said:
I like girls that can hold a spanner and are not worried about getting a
little oily.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
A SPANNER, I've never heard that term before, sounds very impressive. Lucky girl.

i adore my boyfriend, i can't imagine a better guy and i can't wait to see him in just 3 weeks! smart, confident, but sweet and tender, plus I've never seen a guy who looked sexier.

when looking at any guy, smiles are probably the most attractive feature. a smart guy with a great smile who smiles a lot...

Something I've been always thinking of, why always 2 people tie up together, aren't our minds able to handle 'many' girl/boy friends?
I often refer to group of male friends as friends, group of male and female friends as friends, but when I refer to female friends as friends, it doesn't give away a notion of feminine friendship. While speaking of female-friends to you simply refer to them as friends?

It's pretty hard to say what kind of girlfriend I 'd like. I'd like her to know particle physics and help me with all the problems. But really, I'd like my girlfriend to enjoy the nature, walking together, and not complaining when we don't talk. I'd like her to enjoy silence. I'd like my girlfriend to disobey most of the rules sitting in heads of social pairs. Doesn't have to be pretty or whatever, why does she need to?

I like action-cute, good body building, pretty, beautiful smile, not-disguising, charming look, young, good temper, cute and sweet voice's girls.
Well, wouldn't that be nice? And what does action cute mean?