1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What Kind of Psychology-Related Jobs Can Somebody With Asperger's Syndrome Do?

1. May 19, 2012 #1
    I am currently in my third year of BA Psychology, and recently I came to amazing revelation that I might (or more likely almost certainly) will have a very tough time doing Social Work or any other form of Human-Relations Extensive job that's commonly associated with Psych undergrads. I am majoring in Psychology mainly because I like the subject, but unfortunately I've also haven't found anybody majoring in the subject (at least at my school) who suffers from Asperger's Syndrome. Therefore, I am making the safe bet that people with Asperger's Syndrome are extremely hard to find in Psychology Majors unlike in hard science majors like Biology, Engineering, Math, and etc. I am guessing could be due to the fact that people with Asperger's tend to avoid majors which led to jobs that are unsuitable to them aka jobs that require considerable social interaction like most Psych major-related jobs.

Ultimately, my main problem right now is that I feel very out-of-place majoring a field where most of the jobs are my Kryptonite so to speak. However, despite my difficulty in social-interactions, I have learned through my Psychology courses (as well as experience) the appropriate and inappropriate types of behaviors for various social situations. Anyways could somebody tell me what kind of Psych-related jobs I could do with my Asperger's Syndrome which preferably don't require to much Human-Interaction?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted