What kind of relationship man\woman are you?

In summary: The Slow Dancer. While you're not exactly the life of the party, you do thrive in small groups of smart people. Your circle of friends is extra tight and it's HIGHLY likely they're just like you. You appreciate symmetry in relationships. Your focus is love, not sex, and for your age, you have average experience. But you're a great, thoughtful guy, and your love life improves every year. There's also a powerful elimination process working in your favor: most Playboy types get stuck raising unwanted kids before you even begin settling down. The women left over will be hot and yours. Your ideal woman is someone intimate, intelligent, and very supportive.
I don't think anyone you would want to meet would be on that website, Moonie - except as maybe a lark. So there's no one interesting out in WV?

Physics news on Phys.org
Gale said:
you can do a global search moonbear. just change the search type. I've already met some cool people. I'm so pathetic really. i actually already offered to meet someone. I'm bad...
Thanks...though I'm not seriously looking. I just like filling out surveys and taking quizzes. :rolleyes: I did put a profile up, but without posting a pic, I know nobody is going to take a closer look...not that I wouldn't consider someone if they did show interest, just that I don't think I'm very good at picking out people to date through that sort of medium. I was more curious if there was anybody local with shared interests just to meet to hang out and do stuff. I need to meet more people than just my co-workers and sheep (oh, right, sheep aren't people :uhh: ...see how badly I need to meet some new people?)

Gale said:
you can do a global search moonbear. just change the search type. I've already met some cool people. I'm so pathetic really. i actually already offered to meet someone. I'm bad...
Just be careful. One time I met a person on that site and she was literally like 300 pounds. I had no idea you could have a skinny face but have an enormous body.

Moonbear what's your profile link? I want to see if we could make it :wink:

Gale said:
please tell me you'll be careful!:frown: I worry.

Math Is Hard said:
I don't think anyone you would want to meet would be on that website, Moonie - except as maybe a lark. So there's no one interesting out in WV?
Define interesting. :biggrin:

I don't think this is the sort of place to find single men my age. Tons of students, but it seems the people my age who move here are mostly already married. This is when I start to miss living in the NJ/NY area, where it's totally normal for people to be in their 30s and still single because they focused on a career first (I never even minded being single there, because there were plenty of other single people, so you didn't always feel like the odd one out going out with couples).

i'll be careful, i don't even know if we'll meet, and if we do, its in a few weeks. and I'm really doubting he's 300 lbs, cause he has like most of his upper body shown, but we'll see. we shall see... its fun though cause i get to weed through people pretty easy. my mandatory questions are all about math and grammar. a guy's got to have good math and grammar skillz if he wants a match with me.

ShawnD said:
Just be careful. One time I met a person on that site and she was literally like 300 pounds. I had no idea you could have a skinny face but have an enormous body.
I can't imagine what sort of body goes with the faces of the guys I've been finding on there. :eek: When you just look at random pictures of people who are signed up without any search criteria indicated, has anyone else noticed that there are an awful lot of people on that site that you can't quite tell if they're male or female from their pictures? This is why I don't usually bother attempting online dating services, but, on the off-chance some suitable guy happens to stumble in there the way I did, since it's free, why not try it, right?

Moonbear what's your profile link? I want to see if we could make it :wink:

I think you're a bit on the young side. :wink:

I'll warn you, my profile is long...I haven't been sleeping well lately, so had nothing better to do. :rolleyes: I chose the username ctchmeifucan :rofl: (Okay, I tried about 6 others to get my quiz results and it kept telling me I wasn't creative enough, so I finally got creative and goofy.) Then again, I don't think there's anything in my profile that the regulars in GD don't already know about me (hence my willingness to share it).

Moonbear:
Match: 83% Friend: 83%

You're a closer match than my current internet love affair (79 match, 81 friend). That's certainly interesting :biggrin:

Meeting people from internet dating sites sounds really scary. I've heard of it working for some people but that's when they either met in a chatroom or on a message board first and came across each others profile that way. Or they were just plain lucky on match.com and it turned out the person that they were meeting wasn't an axe murderer. :)
Be careful & take a friend if any of you decide to meet a non-PFer on okay cupid or anyone from the net for that matter. I worry!

ShawnD said:
Moonbear:
Match: 83% Friend: 83%

You're a closer match than my current internet love affair (79 match, 81 friend). That's certainly interesting :biggrin:

Aww...see, I'm not lying when I keep telling the younger guys around here that if I were still 10 or 15 years younger, or they were older, or we split the difference in between somehow, that they'd be a really good catch. I'm still waiting for Greg to set up the PF Dating Service. :biggrin:

What's interesting is that when I followed Gale's instructions and tried doing a "World Search" instead of a local search, I apparently match up with a lot more men in Canada than anywhere else. Maybe I should've taken the offer to move to Canada when I had the chance! :bugeye: Nah, it's still too cold for me up there. *shivers at the thought*

ShawnD said:
That's quite common. You see that in those "big women" models. Unfortunately my face is the first place on my body that shows fat. :cry:

I used to work with a girl that was completely normal from her head to her waist, then from her waist down she was HUGE. I mean freakishly huge.

The Boy Next Door
Random Gentle Love Dreamer (RGLDm)

Kind, yearning, playful, you are The Boy Next Door. You're looking for real Love, a lot like girls do. It might not be manly, but it's sweet.

We think the next three years will be very exciting and fruitful ones for you. Your spontaneous, creative side makes you a charming date, and we think you have a horny side just waiting to shine. Or glisten, rather. You enter new relationships unusually hopeful, and the first moments are especially glorious. If you've had some things not work out before, so what.

Your exact opposite:
The 5-Night Stand

Deliberate Brutal Sex Master
On paper, most girls would name the Boy Next Door as their ideal mate. In the real world, however, you're often passed over for more dangerous or masculine men. You're the typical "nice guy:" without just a touch of cockiness, you're doomed with girls. A shoulder to cry on? Okay, sure. But never a penis to hold.

More than any other type, Boys Next Door evolve as they get older. As we said, many find true love, but some fail miserably in the search. These tarnished few grow up to be The Men Next Door, who are creepy as hell, offering backrubs to kids and what not.

ALWAYS AVOID: The Nymph

CONSIDER: The Maid of Honor, The Peach
Not offering any kids backrubs. Happily married.:approve: :smile:

i haven't scored very well with any pfers... i don't think I'm logical enough for the people here. I'm too spontaneous or immature or something i guess... sucks...

anyway, i wish my matches were all located in one country... apparently i like me some exoctic boys.

EDIT: moonbear, you've taken some nice tests there. However, i scored higher than you on potterpoints... woot! (i'm a geek)

Last edited:
Moonie said:
I was more curious if there was anybody local with shared interests just to meet to hang out and do stuff. I need to meet more people than just my co-workers and sheep (oh, right, sheep aren't people ...see how badly I need to meet some new people?)
You should check out tribe.net Moonie. I tried to get a link for Tribe WV but it the site automatically routes me to Tribe LA. I did a search though and found that there are definitely WV people on there. They even have it set up so that you can search for groups or forums of people with similar interests.

This link goes to the DGLMm page, but there are links to all 32 of the personality types at the bottom of the page. I guess that the g=1 switch corresponds to gender=male, and that the o=1 switch corresponds to sexual orientation=straight.

http://www.okcupid.com/personality?type=DGLM&g=1&o=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Aether said:
This link goes to the DGLMm page, but there are links to all 32 of the personality types at the bottom of the page. I guess that the g=1 switch corresponds to gender=male, and that the o=1 switch corresponds to sexual orientation=straight.

http://www.okcupid.com/personality?type=DGLM&g=1&o=1
Thanks, Aether. Reading over some of the other male types I now no longer feel the one I got describes me any better than three or four others I picked at random to read.

I also read, at random, a few of the womens descriptions, and I see that they're all worded generally and vaguely enough that each might fit 50% of the women who read it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonbear said:
Nah, it's still too cold for me up there. *shivers at the thought*

Hey! It's gorgeous up here! We voted against winter this year. It's been grand.

I did that test mabob and came up with this:

The Maid of Honor
Deliberate Gentle Love Master (DGLMf)

Appreciated for your kindness and envied for all your experience, you are The Maid of Honor.

Charismatic, affectionate, and terrific in relationships, you are what many guys would call a "perfect catch"--and you probably have many admirers, each wishing to capture your long-term love. You're careful, extra careful, because the last thing you want is to hurt anyone. Especially some poor boy whose only crime was liking you.

We've deduced you're fully capable of a dirty fling, but you do feel that post-coital attachment after hooking up. So, conscientious person that you are, you do your best to reserve physical affection for those you respect...so you can respect yourself.

Your biggest negative is the byproduct of your careful nature: indecision. You're just as slow rejecting someone as you are accepting them.

ALWAYS AVOID: The False Messiah, The 5-Night Stand, The Vapor Trail, The Bachelor

CONSIDER: The Gentleman, someone just like you.

Your exact opposite:Half-cocked

Random Brutal Sex Dreamer

Yours sounded like you, Moonbear. Do you suppose this sounds like me? I'm not sure. :grumpy:

GeorginaS said:
Hey! It's gorgeous up here! We voted against winter this year. It's been grand.
I didn't know you could just vote it away! I vote for no more winter too! Is it too late? Did they already hold the election? Who voted FOR it? :grumpy: :rofl:

Yours sounded like you, Moonbear. Do you suppose this sounds like me? I'm not sure. :grumpy:
That one sounds more like it's just flattery rather than much substance; anyone would be happy to be told they're a "perfect catch." Though, careful sounds like you.

I told you I was having fun taking the quizzes, Gale! :rofl: I've been using other people's profiles as a fun way to find quizzes...I'd look through their list and see what sounded fun and then take the quiz to see how my score compared. Sounds like you're doing the same, Miss Potterpoints! :biggrin:

hehehe, yeah, the tests are good fun. every time i look at someone's i look through their tests. I've taken so many now. good news is I'm a nerd, but a good lay, i know my harry potter and if i was a color, i'd be plum. got all the vitals down!

Moonbear said:
That one sounds more like it's just flattery rather than much substance; anyone would be happy to be told they're a "perfect catch."

Yes, but what if that just happens to be true? :biggrin:

GeorginaS said:
Everyone is jealous of us "perfect catches" Georgina. Although, I was rather envious of Moonbear's description.

Evo said:
Everyone is jealous of us "perfect catches" Georgina. Although, I was rather envious of Moonbear's description.

Aren't they just? However, yes, being no-bs-capable of anything is a description I wouldn't mind someone applying to me either. And Moonbear is nothing if not no-bs-capable of anything.

Edited to add: is there some magic number I have to hit before it starts counting posts that I've written? Because it's been sitting at 0 since the beginning. Not that I've said a lot or even anything worthwhile, I'm just curious.

GeorginaS said:
Edited to add: is there some magic number I have to hit before it starts counting posts that I've written? Because it's been sitting at 0 since the beginning. Not that I've said a lot or even anything worthwhile, I'm just curious.
Posts in General Discussion don't count. Posts in politics count. Go figure. :confused:

GeorginaS said:
I suppose we'll have to ask those doing the fishing. :biggrin: