Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What kind of statistic methods?

1. Jul 13, 2005 #1
    Okey, i am confused about this matter.

I have two different samples. One is 5 untreated/control samples (same kind) and the other is a 50 treated samples (same kind). I wonder what kind of statistic methods i can use to compare the results between them? I don't think that i can use ANOVA, since they need at least 3 different samples.

Besides i can not use T-test or Z-test either, since the former needs both samples to be at a small number n<30, while the latter needs both samples to be large n>30. My samples is n=5 (controll samples) and n=50 (treated samples).

Hope for inputs.

Thank you!

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 14, 2005 #2

EnumaElish

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

So what you're saying about t test (that it requires n < 30) implies that more observations you have, more biased your test results will be.

For example in regression analysis, t values are ordinarily printed with the coefficient estimates. But the more data you have, the less reliable those t values will be, according to your claim.

That is not the impression I have.

4. Jul 15, 2005 #3

EnumaElish

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?