Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What made you smile today?

1. Oct 16, 2008 #1
    So far this week I've almost failed two exams and I have another two later today. So, I figured a happy thread would be in order! What's made you smile today?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 16, 2008 #2
  4. Oct 16, 2008 #3

Borek

Staff: Mentor

New filling in my front tooth, I look much better when smiling now.

5. Oct 16, 2008 #4

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

My daughter visited me at work today. :smile:

She's doing a presentation on satellite operations for her public speaking class and I had a couple things at work that would help her, so she came by to pick them up. Always fun to show someone around and play with the toys I have at work.

She picked up one of our satellite models, plus I had a graph showing the growth of space debris, including the periodic cleaning done every 11 years thanks to solar max (her graph just didn't show much detail). The slide after that shows debris that made it back to Earth intact. Now everyone in her class will be terrified of 2011 - 2012 (the next solar max). :biggrin:

It looks like it'll be a fun presentation. I liked the Star Trek music and Star Wars style of text on the title slide. :rofl:

6. Oct 16, 2008 #5
    www.cuteoverload.com

7. Oct 16, 2008 #6
    There is nothing like a grandeur of a deep blue sky. Today, the fall scattering of light projects a beautiful spectrum of a crystallized hue of blue.

[​IMG]

8. Oct 16, 2008 #7

Evo

A picture of Red Rum in robes at a monestary and he has wings and a halo.:tongue2:

9. Oct 16, 2008 #8

Danger

Gold Member

Gas.

10. Oct 16, 2008 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

11. Oct 16, 2008 #10

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

12. Oct 16, 2008 #11

Evo

Oooh, and another IBFF just pm'd me and said they really miss me.

Aw, people like me and they miss me. <sniff> And these are people that have known me for years.

13. Oct 16, 2008 #12

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I've had gas for eight years.

14. Oct 16, 2008 #13
    a girl in one of my classes told me i was stupid, and an *** hole. i felt honored! i know im an *** hole and im by no means stupid, i take great pride in that but the real olive in the martini is that about fifteen minutes later she was asking for help with work pertaining to the class.

15. Oct 16, 2008 #14
    :rofl:

Three girls in my class thanked me for helping them.

16. Oct 16, 2008 #15

turbo

Gold Member

17. Oct 16, 2008 #16
    hey, im not saying i didnt help her. i did, out of spite and to prove a point. but just the look on her face when she asked me for help; i nearly died! it was truly a beautiful sight :)

18. Oct 16, 2008 #17

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Too many to list.

I'll say 3.

Found the trip package I wanted just dropped under $800, when I was aiming for $1000.
    I may be granted an extra $2000.
    I did my graduate seminar.

I usually have 5 everyday atleast.

19. Oct 16, 2008 #18

matthyaouw

Gold Member

The fair's in town. This morning I dragged my *** out of bed early enough to take a wander round the place before work. It's quite a surreal experience, being in a place like that as practically the only person there. Left me smiling for a while.

Later on a friend visited me at work.

Pretty good day, all said :smile:

20. Oct 16, 2008 #19
    quarreling cats,

[​IMG]

Pic was made this evening, visiting my daughter, who makes me smile too.

21. Oct 16, 2008 #20
    My car died today in a CVS store parking lot. Not in a very good neighborhood. AS I was calling everyone I knew for help, a really nice young man came to my aid, and got my car running again, AND he refused money. I'm still smiling!:smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?