What's the last time someone said thank you to you?

• Thread starter SticksandStones
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation included various individuals sharing their positive experiences and things that made them smile throughout the day. These included a US judge throwing out a case against God, getting a new filling, a daughter visiting at work, helping with a presentation on satellite operations, finding a trip package for a good price, a trip to the fair, a random act of kindness, kittens, a seal walking into a club, rubber band fights, getting a haircut, and receiving compliments. However, the conversation also touched on negative experiences, such as encountering unethical people and cheating in school.
SticksandStones
So far this week I've almost failed two exams and I have another two later today. So, I figured a happy thread would be in order! What's made you smile today?

Physics news on Phys.org
SticksandStones said:
What's made you smile today?

New filling in my front tooth, I look much better when smiling now.

My daughter visited me at work today. :smile:

She's doing a presentation on satellite operations for her public speaking class and I had a couple things at work that would help her, so she came by to pick them up. Always fun to show someone around and play with the toys I have at work.

She picked up one of our satellite models, plus I had a graph showing the growth of space debris, including the periodic cleaning done every 11 years thanks to solar max (her graph just didn't show much detail). The slide after that shows debris that made it back to Earth intact. Now everyone in her class will be terrified of 2011 - 2012 (the next solar max). :biggrin:

It looks like it'll be a fun presentation. I liked the Star Trek music and Star Wars style of text on the title slide. :rofl:

A picture of Red Rum in robes at a monestary and he has wings and a halo.:tongue2:

SticksandStones said:
What's made you smile today?

Gas.

Oooh, and another IBFF just pm'd me and said they really miss me.

Aw, people like me and they miss me. <sniff> And these are people that have known me for years.

BobG said:
At least one of you is taking life way too seriously.

I've had gas for eight years.

a girl in one of my classes told me i was stupid, and an *** hole. i felt honored! i know I am an *** hole and I am by no means stupid, i take great pride in that but the real olive in the martini is that about fifteen minutes later she was asking for help with work pertaining to the class.

offtheleft said:
a girl in one of my classes told me i was stupid, and an *** hole. i felt honored! i know I am an *** hole and I am by no means stupid, i take great pride in that but the real olive in the martini is that about fifteen minutes later she was asking for help with work pertaining to the class.

:rofl:

Three girls in my class thanked me for helping them.

rootX said:
:rofl:

Three girls in my class thanked me for helping them.

hey, I am not saying i didnt help her. i did, out of spite and to prove a point. but just the look on her face when she asked me for help; i nearly died! it was truly a beautiful sight :)

Too many to list.

I'll say 3.

Found the trip package I wanted just dropped under $800, when I was aiming for $1000.
I may be granted an extra $2000.
I did my graduate seminar.

I usually have 5 everyday atleast.

The fair's in town. This morning I dragged my *** out of bed early enough to take a wander round the place before work. It's quite a surreal experience, being in a place like that as practically the only person there. Left me smiling for a while.

Later on a friend visited me at work.

Pretty good day, all said :smile:

quarreling cats,

quinty-2.jpg

Pic was made this evening, visiting my daughter, who makes me smile too.

My car died today in a CVS store parking lot. Not in a very good neighborhood. AS I was calling everyone I knew for help, a really nice young man came to my aid, and got my car running again, AND he refused money. I'm still smiling!:smile:

It's amazing how much goes on in a day after reading these posts.

Um...today was just a good day in general for me...

Kittens are a load of fun, wish tehy could stay that age...

a seal walked into a club

Getting into rubber band fights :biggrin:

And getting my hair cut, and I had a lot of compliments..people are just too nice. I felt pretty, even though I'm not really.

It was a good day but unethical people made me cry at the day end

I encountered two!

I) Cheating - Someone tried to persuade me to provide him the answers and he would make sure I get 90s in that course. He wanted me to meet someone at some place etc ... He wasn't clear and I refused before he could tell me the details.
II) Someone else deleted all the material that I had uploaded for helping my class. I had shared that account with all class.

And, I seriously lost faith in people once again! :cry:

It looks like a big mess and I wish I could clean it. (I really don't get why people have to be so unethical and evil)

I've been getting cute texts all day from a sexy redhead. :-)

mcknia07 said:
Getting into rubber band fights :biggrin:

And getting my hair cut, and I had a lot of compliments..people are just too nice. I felt pretty, even though I'm not really.
You're getting compliments because people really think you're pretty. You ARE pretty. If I find you being down on yourself again you will be in grave danger of some serious fish induced injuries. :devil:

rootX said:
It was a good day but unethical people made me cry at the day end

I encountered two!

I) Cheating - Someone tried to persuade me to provide him the answers and he would make sure I get 90s in that course. He wanted me to meet someone at some place etc ... He wasn't clear and I refused before he could tell me the details.
II) Someone else deleted all the material that I had uploaded for helping my class. I had shared that account with all class.

And, I seriously lost faith in people once again! :cry:

It looks like a big mess and I wish I could clean it. (I really don't get why people have to be so unethical and evil)

That's what you think about at the end of the day? Like, think about good things.

Got my passport all done today! That's good news for today.

I found a sick book that is rare and a friend was looking for it forever.

Just invited a cute girl for lunch, so I'm off for that.

See everyday is filled with plenty of good things and the day has only started!

music and kids, and kids singing music.:smile:

mcknia07 said:

Believe it or not, this is why I am particular about who I compliment. I don't want to compliment someone and then have them turn around and throw it in the can because they're insecure or lack self-esteem.

I just saw a pregnant lady wearing a belt. Its going to make me giggle all day. she had to wear it so high to get over the hump it looked like it would chaff her armpits.

Today, I saw a Bendy Bus attempting a 3 point turn in the regular width street. Needless to say, it took a very long time!

Sounds like Obelix to me.

http://www.news-press.com/article/20081017/NEWS01/81017034/1002/RSS01 [Broken]
this will put a smile on your face

Last edited by a moderator:
<h2>1. When was the last time someone said thank you to you?</h2><p>The last time someone said thank you to me was just a few hours ago. I helped a colleague with a project and they thanked me for my assistance.</p><h2>2. How often do people say thank you to you?</h2><p>I am fortunate enough to receive thank yous on a regular basis. Whether it's for my work or a small gesture, people often express their gratitude towards me.</p><h2>3. Do you think people say thank you enough?</h2><p>As a scientist, I cannot speak for everyone, but in my experience, I believe people could say thank you more often. It's a small gesture that can make a big impact.</p><h2>4. What do you do when someone says thank you to you?</h2><p>I always make sure to acknowledge and appreciate their gratitude. Depending on the situation, I may respond with a simple "you're welcome" or express my pleasure in helping them.</p><h2>5. How does receiving thank yous affect you?</h2><p>Receiving thank yous always makes me feel appreciated and valued. It also motivates me to continue doing good work and helping others in any way I can.</p>

1. When was the last time someone said thank you to you?

The last time someone said thank you to me was just a few hours ago. I helped a colleague with a project and they thanked me for my assistance.

2. How often do people say thank you to you?

I am fortunate enough to receive thank yous on a regular basis. Whether it's for my work or a small gesture, people often express their gratitude towards me.

3. Do you think people say thank you enough?

As a scientist, I cannot speak for everyone, but in my experience, I believe people could say thank you more often. It's a small gesture that can make a big impact.

4. What do you do when someone says thank you to you?

I always make sure to acknowledge and appreciate their gratitude. Depending on the situation, I may respond with a simple "you're welcome" or express my pleasure in helping them.

5. How does receiving thank yous affect you?

Receiving thank yous always makes me feel appreciated and valued. It also motivates me to continue doing good work and helping others in any way I can.