What makes you happy?

learning physics(and some other sciences too):9.5
reading: 8
rubiks cubing: 8.5
juggling: 8.5
doing homework: -(2^n) where n is the number of assignments
if n=0 then formula doesn't work within the scope of this scale!, nor has meaning ;)

Last edited:
~christina~
Gold Member
if n=0 then formula doesn't work within the scope of this scale!, nor has meaning ;)
thus it should be
[tex] -(2^n) [/tex] where n[tex] \neq[/tex] 0 :wink:

Last edited:
turbo
Gold Member
really cute !
She is really cute, and she laughs, smiles, and giggles all day long. I'm going to have to teach her how to make artificial copies of insects so that she can catch fat juicy salmonids. I can't wait!!

Last edited:
lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
She is really cute, and she laughs, smiles, and giggles all day long.
That's a wonderful picture, turbo, I love it. It really captures your niece's easy going personality - she's so relaxed! - and your brother's pride. My hubby and I were also blessed with a baby girl who was always happy. We called her the "beginner's model" baby. What a joy babies can be!

That baby of ours is 16 now. She's maddening at times...makes bad choices about school...but still a joy.

flying - 10

motorcycle riding - 10

reading - 8

existing at all other times - 0

Danger
Gold Member
The only time that I was really happy was when I was when I was in the air. I got grounded on a medical in '77, and that was the end of it. 30 years later, I met W... and I'm happy again. Weird.

WarPhalange
This might sound stupid... but I don't know.

The things I do (i.e. play guitar, video games, do physics, etc.) is alright, but none of it really jumps at me like some people's hobbies seem to do to them. If I was told I could never do it again... I wouldn't really care I think.

Danger
Gold Member
If I was told I could never do it again... I wouldn't really care I think.
That's only because you have not yet discovered your passion. And don't try to find it; it will find you. There's no rush, pal.

WarPhalange
I'm not trying to rush it, but I've tried things in the past that I've liked, but like you said I've never found my passion. I'm just hoping my passion doesn't turn out to be something expensive. :grumpy: