Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What makes your College Special!

1. Aug 24, 2005 #1
    I believe most(or atleast some!) of you here are students(level may be diff.),
    I would love to hear ,what are the special features and facilities (if any!) which makes your college unique and extraordinary.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 24, 2005 #2
    My college was special because i went to it!

4. Aug 24, 2005 #3
    So does that mean it is no longer special?

5. Aug 24, 2005 #4
    Nope, in fact it now sucks. lol.

6. Aug 24, 2005 #5
    Oh the vanity.....I approve... :rofl:

7. Aug 24, 2005 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

The fact that we rave over increased enrollment each year while making sure the system to add/drop classes gets stupider and stupider each year while over-enrolling more and more classes each year. If that doesn't qualify as a "special" feature, i don't know what does.

8. Aug 24, 2005 #7
    ... mine has a radio station. Even more impressive, it had a radio station that people actually like and listen to (although I havn't listened to it yet)

9. Aug 24, 2005 #8
    Oh! And it's built on the side of a hill. It has more stairs in it than the eiffel tower.

10. Aug 24, 2005 #9

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Unfortunately my college is not extraordinary, but it is indeed unique in the way it seems like a fridge. It is filled with only engineering students who are not prone to parties and those sort of things.

11. Aug 24, 2005 #10
    We have one too....the problem is that the school had to oust the last DJ for sexual harassment of an employee and they don't have a new one yet.

I have a lot of complaints about my school but there are things I like about it too. McCrory Gardens is an absolutely awesome place that is run by my school. I use the jogging trail there for some cardio exercise as often as possible.

12. Aug 24, 2005 #11
    let me guess, you got a UC (universit of california) campus.

13. Aug 24, 2005 #12

matthyaouw

Gold Member

The free pool tables are all that springs to mind....

14. Aug 24, 2005 #13

Pengwuino

Gold Member

CSU - Fresno.

What in gods name are they thinking when they think "Hey we need a new UC campus. Lets put one in Merced!". If anyone wants to know where the UC budget is being pissed away to....

15. Aug 24, 2005 #14
    I was stationed at NAS Lemoore....it's about 45 mins from Fresno. The nice thing about CSU Fresno is that the campus is pretty nice. The bad thing about it is that the air quality is among the worst air the world.... :yuck:

I was glad to come home where I can breath again but I miss IN N OUT dearly :cry:

[edit] In fact we might have even had some of the same instructors....While I was still in the service I was taking classes part time at a little community college in Lemoore called West Hills CC, I took calculus there with Dr. Ganter who taught at Fresno before moving to a CC. Know her by any chance? [/edit]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2005
  16. Aug 24, 2005 #15

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Don't they shoot off rockets from Lemoore? I remember people going insane one day when the exaust from a rocket from what i think was Lemoore was lit up in the sky. It had been a while so the smoke was scattered about and people thought it was crazy aliens or something :D

And nope, never heard of that instructor.

17. Aug 24, 2005 #16

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

18. Aug 24, 2005 #17
    They don't shoot off rockets from Lemoore, that is a Naval Air station (they just fly jets and stuff like that)....that's the Airforce rockets from,,,I don't remember the base. The first time I saw one I was like, "Are we being nuked?" They are seriously creepy....but they just go up and burn up at an extremely high altitude...

19. Aug 24, 2005 #18

Pengwuino

Gold Member

oh right right. It was Edwards AFB

20. Aug 24, 2005 #19
    Yep, :smile:

21. Aug 25, 2005 #20
    My school is the center or a reality show on TV named "Tommy Lee goes to College." Oh yay.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?