1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What MASt at Cambridge?

1. Nov 2, 2011 #1
    Hi! I am an Italian students, and I have already received good answers in a old post of mine(UK master degree, requirements).
    I have decided to apply in the UK, and I have discoverd that at Cambridge there are 2 MASt suitable for Physicists.
    MASt in Physics, and MASt in Applied Mathematics. The former offers a few courses, while the latter offers a plenty of courses. I am interested in Cosmology and General Relativity and QFT, hoping to pursue a Ph.D.

The MASt in Physics seems to me less indicated for me, because there's a prevalence of Condensed Matter Physics, and maybe I wouldn't be able to have a complete education on Cosmology and General Relativity(there's only one lecture course nemed Relativistic Astrophysics and Cosmology).
    However, the MASt in Mathematics is primarily for mathematicians(I suppose).

I am applying also to other universities, but, as far as Cambridge, what MASt would you advise me to apply for?
    I thougt to apply for both of them, and then, should I be admitted, think about it. However I am worried that applying to two MASt could prejudice my(small) chances to be admitted.
    Any advice?

Thanks!!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted