Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What? Me Proud?

1. Jun 17, 2009 #1
    President's Education Awards Program presented to Victor Snyder in recognition of Outstanding Academic Achievement 2009
    Arne Duncan, U.S. Secretary of Education
    Barack Obama, President of the United States

How are your kids doing?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 17, 2009 #2
    If that person is you then congrats

4. Jun 17, 2009 #3
    :confused:

5. Jun 17, 2009 #4
    Congrats to your son and his parents, jimmysnyder. You must be all kinds of puffed up in all sorts of directions. :smile:

6. Jun 17, 2009 #5
    Congrats!

I am just hoping that I produce brilliant kids like yours :)
    But, I need to find an intelligent girl first.

7. Jun 17, 2009 #6

turbo

Gold Member

Go, Jimmy! Continue to raise 'em right and work with your kids. We'll all benefit! Keep in touch if you want to swing back up this way.

best regards.

8. Jun 17, 2009 #7

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wow, great job, victorsynder, and congrats to you too, jimmy!

My daughter: she was, for a while, seeming to go down the wrong path. She changed paths, and quit high school early...to go to college. Well it's a special program that lets kids go to college instead of the last 2 years of high school, and they get both high school credit and college credit. Fantastic program...and the state pays the tuition !

She's happier than she's been in 10 years :smile:.

9. Jun 17, 2009 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Congrats to your son, Jimmy! And to you and your wife too! These sorts of achievements don't happen in a vacuum. :smile:

10. Jun 17, 2009 #9

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Very nice!!!

11. Jun 17, 2009 #10

drizzle

Gold Member

Congrats to you and your family

that's really nice, is she following her mom’s steps?

12. Jun 17, 2009 #11
    Congrats to Victor!

Yes who are his parents anyway?

13. Jun 18, 2009 #12
    Wellllllll, not knowing jimmysnyder's marital status, I didn't want to say "congrats to you and your wife" on the outside chance that there is no Mrs. Jimmysnyder (even though she is the subject of almost every post of his -- I realise that).

I figured it was safest to identify victorsnyder's parents as that. :biggrin:

14. Jun 18, 2009 #13
    Lol.. I was just joking. Setting Jimmy up for a funny response.

15. Jun 18, 2009 #14
    Thanks all. Yes Victor is my son. My wife (Now how do I prove that she exists. Maybe I'll start a thread in the philosophy forum where people try to prove their own existence. They fail more often than not, so that probably wouldn't work.) gets more credit than I do for his achievement. He is autistic but he is a hard worker and she sees to it that he stays focused. Although we live in a poor school district, his special education teachers are dedicated and very compentent. His lifelong bud, another autistic child, got a President's Academic Excellence award. Two such awards in a special ed class of four students, in a school that rates 3 on of a scale of 10 based on test results, speaks to the academic excellence and achievement of the special ed teachers.

Thanks for sharing your story lisab. My own daughter graduates High School tomorrow. Up until about 6 months ago, it seemed like she wouldn't graduate. Then things turned around. She has become easier to live with and now she got 100 on her final exam in English and will graduate. Earlier, she assured me that the teacher hated her. The teacher indicated otherwise, but of course, I stand by my daughter. Probably she would have gotten more than 100 if only the teacher hadn't graded her so harshly out of hatred.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook