Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What music are you playing right now?

1. Feb 29, 2008 #1
    I'm just finishing up "Dogs" by Pink Floyd.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 29, 2008 #2
    After "Dragged down by the stone" completed, in the traditional "play the whole album" manner, now I'm on Pigs..

Right now I'm listening to "If" by Pink Floyd, it's on Atom Heart Mother. What's funny is that the lyrics are wrong on azllyrics. http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/if.html

Right now I'm listening to Summer 68' ... "How do you feel".. ROFLMAO3!!!

Now Fat Old Sun.. this is the last song on Atom Heart Mother I'm going to listen to.. These songs remind me of the Vietnam era.

Now on Dark Side of The Moon. "Breathe"

Right now "On the Run" is finishing up. "Time" is about to start. Again, Dark Side of The Moon, by Pink Floyd.

Right now I'm playing "Great Gig in the Sky", AWESOME. She's got to be a black girls singing this one ROFLMAO3!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2008
  4. Feb 29, 2008 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I don't listen to music while I work, it's too distracting and I usually don't listen to music very often in the car either.

If I was listening to music, it would be "69 love songs" by The Magnetic Fields.

One of my favorites http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTHoM9uD6nc&NR

5. Feb 29, 2008 #4

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Gollum's song by Emilliana Torrini

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  6. Feb 29, 2008 #5

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nothing at the minute.

7. Feb 29, 2008 #6
    lol maybe you should just update your playlist every hour or something or this thread is going to go crazy.

I just finished the album "Songs For The Deaf" by Queens Of The Stone Age and am on to "Doolittle" by the Pixies... I can't decide what to put on next... maybe "gagagagaga" by Spoon or "se dice bisonte no buffalo" by Omar Rodriguez Lopez.

If I didn't have music at work I'd shoot myself. god, Fridays are awful. time moves sooo slow. and Fridays I work in T.O which is like and hour and a half here and another one back.

8. Feb 29, 2008 #7

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Jazz, on the radio.

I would prefer to not have the radio on, but I use it to drown out my co-worker's radio...he listens to sports talk, all day long. But I guess it could be worse. He could be listening to Rush.

9. Feb 29, 2008 #8
    ROFLMAO3!!!

10. Feb 29, 2008 #9
    That's hilarious. I never listen to AM radio, rarely listen to FM, only when driving,.. but my mom already broke down both of my Nissans.. One was a 96, the other was a 97. Now I don't have a car, so I don't listen to FM at all anymore.

But my dad, who has worked in Geophysics for 30 years, listens to AM all the time. He's an independent thinker though, doesn't tak Rush seriously.

Now "Rush", the band, I love them. I have Moving Pictures, and that other most famous one, of which the name eludes me. I may start listening to it. If I do, then I'll say the name. Oh Yeah, it's the one that has that song "Spirit of The Radio" on it. ROFLMAO3!!!

11. Feb 29, 2008 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Rudinreader, please do not post every time a new song comes on, like moe said post once an hour, with a list of songs. Thanks!

12. Feb 29, 2008 #11
    THe "chi-ching" just sounded. That means "Money" has started ROFLMAO3!!~!

13. Feb 29, 2008 #12
    Now "Us and Them" I LOVE this song.

14. Feb 29, 2008 #13
    Right now "Any Colour You Like", the best one is coming up - "Brain Damage", Followed by "Eclipse"

15. Feb 29, 2008 #14
    Right now "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" has started. It's from "Wish You Were Here", also by Pink Floyd. I freaking LOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE this song!!!

16. Feb 29, 2008 #15

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh good lord, we don't need you to make a new post for every song on the album, man. Cut it out.

- Warren

17. Feb 29, 2008 #16
    No chroot, homeboy, your cool in my book, and that's a fact! I say what I mean when I say it./....

"You were caught in the crossfire, of chilhood and stardom".. peace out chroot! (I'm still on Shine on You Crazy Diamond).. physicsforums is a F'n awesome website by the way : )

18. Feb 29, 2008 #17
    Playing "Welcome to the Machine" right now... ROFLMOA3!!!

19. Feb 29, 2008 #18

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I think a big padlock's going to come along soon to this thread if you don't listen to evo or chroot, rudinreader!!

20. Feb 29, 2008 #19
    Please chroot, just 30 more songs... Right now I'm playing "Have a Cigar" ROFLMAO3!!!

21. Feb 29, 2008 #20

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

In diesen Heiligen Hallen simultaneously with Der Holle Rache.

Rather a weird experience..

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?