What music are you playing right now?

• Music
  • Thread starter rudinreader
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary, Rudinreader is listening to music while he works. He is currently listening to "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd. He thinks that a big lock is coming to the thread if he does not stop posting about music.
rudinreader
I'm just finishing up "Dogs" by Pink Floyd.

Science news on Phys.org
After "Dragged down by the stone" completed, in the traditional "play the whole album" manner, now I'm on Pigs..

Right now I'm listening to "If" by Pink Floyd, it's on Atom Heart Mother. What's funny is that the lyrics are wrong on azllyrics. http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/if.html

Right now I'm listening to Summer 68' ... "How do you feel".. ROFLMAO3!

Now Fat Old Sun.. this is the last song on Atom Heart Mother I'm going to listen to.. These songs remind me of the Vietnam era.

Now on Dark Side of The Moon. "Breathe"

Right now "On the Run" is finishing up. "Time" is about to start. Again, Dark Side of The Moon, by Pink Floyd.

Right now I'm playing "Great Gig in the Sky", AWESOME. She's got to be a black girls singing this one ROFLMAO3!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't listen to music while I work, it's too distracting and I usually don't listen to music very often in the car either.

If I was listening to music, it would be "69 love songs" by The Magnetic Fields.

One of my favorites http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTHoM9uD6nc&NR

Gollum's song by Emilliana Torrini

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing at the minute.

lol maybe you should just update your playlist every hour or something or this thread is going to go crazy.

I just finished the album "Songs For The Deaf" by Queens Of The Stone Age and am on to "Doolittle" by the Pixies... I can't decide what to put on next... maybe "gagagagaga" by Spoon or "se dice bisonte no buffalo" by Omar Rodriguez Lopez.

If I didn't have music at work I'd shoot myself. god, Fridays are awful. time moves sooo slow. and Fridays I work in T.O which is like and hour and a half here and another one back.

Jazz, on the radio.

I would prefer to not have the radio on, but I use it to drown out my co-worker's radio...he listens to sports talk, all day long. But I guess it could be worse. He could be listening to Rush.

moe darklight said:
"gagagagaga"

ROFLMAO3!

lisab said:
But I guess it could be worse. He could be listening to Rush.

That's hilarious. I never listen to AM radio, rarely listen to FM, only when driving,.. but my mom already broke down both of my Nissans.. One was a 96, the other was a 97. Now I don't have a car, so I don't listen to FM at all anymore.

But my dad, who has worked in Geophysics for 30 years, listens to AM all the time. He's an independent thinker though, doesn't tak Rush seriously.

Now "Rush", the band, I love them. I have Moving Pictures, and that other most famous one, of which the name eludes me. I may start listening to it. If I do, then I'll say the name. Oh Yeah, it's the one that has that song "Spirit of The Radio" on it. ROFLMAO3!

Rudinreader, please do not post every time a new song comes on, like moe said post once an hour, with a list of songs. Thanks!

THe "chi-ching" just sounded. That means "Money" has started ROFLMAO3!~!

Now "Us and Them" I LOVE this song.

Right now "Any Colour You Like", the best one is coming up - "Brain Damage", Followed by "Eclipse"

Right now "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" has started. It's from "Wish You Were Here", also by Pink Floyd. I freaking LOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE this song!

Oh good lord, we don't need you to make a new post for every song on the album, man. Cut it out.

- Warren

No chroot, homeboy, your cool in my book, and that's a fact! I say what I mean when I say it./...

"You were caught in the crossfire, of chilhood and stardom".. peace out chroot! (I'm still on Shine on You Crazy Diamond).. physicsforums is a F'n awesome website by the way : )

Playing "Welcome to the Machine" right now... ROFLMOA3!

I think a big padlock's going to come along soon to this thread if you don't listen to evo or chroot, rudinreader!

Please chroot, just 30 more songs... Right now I'm playing "Have a Cigar" ROFLMAO3!

In diesen Heiligen Hallen simultaneously with Der Holle Rache.

Rather a weird experience..

ROFLMAO3! Just heard the lyrics "It could be made into a monster if we all pull together as a team" ROFLMAO32!

Right now playing "Wish You Were Here" that's a Gilmour credit.

A lock and an infraction, actually. Seriously, rudinreader, why are you doing this?

- Warren

You went easy on him chroot, I was about to hit him much harder. I already condensed a bunch of his posts when I warned him to stop the first time.

What music are you playing right now?

As a scientist, I do not have the ability to play music. However, if you are asking about the music that is currently being played in the background, it is most likely a calming instrumental track to enhance focus and concentration.

Do you believe music can affect our brain and behavior?

Yes, there is scientific evidence that music can have a profound impact on our brain and behavior. It has been shown to improve mood, reduce stress and anxiety, enhance memory and learning, and even aid in physical rehabilitation.

What is the Mozart Effect?

The Mozart Effect is a theory that listening to Mozart's music can temporarily boost cognitive performance in tasks such as spatial-temporal reasoning. However, this theory has been largely debunked and there is no evidence that it has any long-term effects on the brain.

Can music have a negative impact on our health?

Yes, there are certain types of music that can have a negative impact on our health, such as loud and aggressive music that can lead to hearing loss and increased stress levels. Additionally, some individuals may experience adverse effects from certain types of music, such as triggering negative emotions or memories.

Is there a link between music and emotions?

Yes, music has the ability to evoke strong emotions in humans. This is because music activates various areas of the brain associated with emotions, memories, and reward. Different types of music can elicit different emotional responses, and this can vary from person to person.