What must i do from now to ensure i get my degree in physics

In summary, the conversation is about a person's passion for physics and their desire to pursue a degree in the subject. They have already read two books and are willing to work hard, but are unsure of what steps to take to ensure success in university. The main recommendations are to focus on excelling in math and science courses, prepare for college entrance exams, and be prepared for the hard work required to succeed in a physics major.
Ameer Bux
Hi everyone. Physics is my passion. Ever since the beginning of this year I've read 2 books in physics (a brief history of time & a universe from nothing), which is a big accomplishment for me considering it was was first 2 books that I've read. Although i didn't understand much, the parts i did understand i found fascinating. I am in grade 10 now, and 19 years of age. I am willing to put the hard work in although maths and physics isn't very intuitive to me. What must i do from now to ensure i will make it through university and get my degree in physics, hopefully even masters.

Physics news on Phys.org
The answers depend a bit on where you are. In most places, there are college entrance exams that you will need to perform well on in math and science. You need to work very hard in the math and science courses you are in now to prepare for those.

Admission to university and paying for it are two obstacles that come next. Then there is the task of succeeding in one course at a time en route to a physics major. Plan on two or three hours of hard work outside of class for each class hour.

1. What courses should I take to ensure I get my degree in physics?

The specific courses required for a degree in physics may vary depending on the university or program. However, some common courses that are typically required include introductory physics, calculus, and laboratory courses. It is important to consult with an academic advisor to determine the specific courses needed for your degree.

2. How many credit hours do I need to earn a degree in physics?

The number of credit hours required for a degree in physics also varies depending on the university or program. Typically, a bachelor's degree in physics requires between 120-130 credit hours. Again, it is best to consult with an academic advisor to determine the specific credit hour requirements for your degree.

3. Is it necessary to participate in research to earn a degree in physics?

While research experience can be beneficial for earning a degree in physics, it is not always required. Some programs may have a research component as part of their curriculum, while others may not. It is important to research the specific requirements of the program you are interested in to determine if research experience is necessary.

4. How long does it typically take to earn a degree in physics?

The amount of time it takes to earn a degree in physics can vary depending on the program and the student's individual circumstances. Typically, a bachelor's degree in physics takes four years to complete for full-time students. Part-time students may take longer to complete their degree. It is important to work closely with an academic advisor to develop a timeline for completing your degree.

5. What can I do with a degree in physics?

A degree in physics can lead to a variety of career opportunities in fields such as research, engineering, education, and more. Physics graduates may also go on to pursue graduate studies in physics or related fields. It is important to research potential career paths and opportunities to determine the best path for your individual interests and goals.