1, 11, 21, 1211, ... What comes next?

• Thread starter chound
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a sequence of numbers and the question of what comes next. The suggested answers are 1231 and 111221, with the hint of reading the numbers out loud. The logic behind the sequence is not fully explained, but it is noted that it can be figured out.
chound
1, 11, 21, 1211, ...
What comes next? :tongue2:

Physics news on Phys.org
Ah, I seen this one before. So I won't answer it. :biggrin:

maybe 41?couple of different reasons for picking this one, but both are pretty flimsy reasons

111221 Right?

chound said:
1, 11, 21, 1211, ...

1231?

<i write this sentence, because i am forced to lengthen the size of my message to at least 10 characters to be able to submit it!>

How about 1 .. ?

Last edited:
Ahh, or would it be " 3. "

Or maybe the answer to
is
:tongue2:

I think I got it this time, hint it helps to say the numbers out loud.
either 3112 or 111221
edit nevermind I see someone else already came up with it

Healey is right! Congrats. Will you explain the logic behind it?

People can still figure it out. the hint : Read it out loud.

Both 1231 and 111221 are correct, then?

What is the next step in the scientific process?

The next step in the scientific process is to analyze and interpret the data collected in the experiment. This involves identifying patterns and relationships in the data, and drawing conclusions based on the evidence.

What should I do after completing an experiment?

After completing an experiment, it is important to document and report the results. This includes writing a detailed report of the experiment, including methods, data, and conclusions. The results should also be shared with the scientific community through publications or presentations.

What if my experiment does not support my hypothesis?

If an experiment does not support the hypothesis, it is important to re-evaluate the hypothesis and consider alternative explanations for the results. This may lead to further experimentation or a revision of the hypothesis.

What is the role of peer review in the scientific process?

Peer review is a critical part of the scientific process where experts in the field evaluate the credibility and validity of a scientific study before it is published. This ensures that only high-quality and reliable research is shared with the scientific community.

What are the ethical considerations in scientific research?

Ethical considerations in scientific research include ensuring the safety and well-being of participants, obtaining informed consent, and avoiding conflicts of interest. Scientists also have a responsibility to accurately report their findings and avoid falsification or fabrication of data.