What not eat on your first date

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date

wolram

Gold Member
I think kippers, would put me off.

FrancisZ

I love garlic, but I don't think I would recommend it.

turbo

Gold Member
The first time I dated a very pretty young Jewish girl in high school, her father insisted that I come inside and talk to him for a while, and tried to get me to partake of some pretty stinky stuff with him, including gefilte fish. Micki was standing right in back of him, and shook her head "no", so I politely declined. Clever girl!

radou

Homework Helper
The first time I dated a very pretty young Jewish girl in high school, her father insisted that I come inside and talk to him for a while, and tried to get me to partake of some pretty stinky stuff with him, including gefilte fish. Micki was standing right in back of him, and shook her head "no", so I politely declined. Clever girl!
Haha, what an obvious attempt to spoil a date. :rofl:

Once I meet a girl who doesn't bother a garlic or onion breath, I'll marry her immediately.

Evo

Mentor
Anything that gives you gas like beans or cabbage might not be a good idea.

Broccoli and other greens that get stuck in your teeth.

Spaghetti and other pasta that would get tomato sauce all over your face/beard.

you should not order anything and awkwardly stare at her while she eats.

turbo

Gold Member
you should not order anything and awkwardly stare at her while she eats.
Let's up the ante. Let her order first, then don't order anything for yourself. [Your model.] As she eats, visually follow every forkful from plate to mouth and make little chewing motions as she chews. How long before she bolts?

Last edited:

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If I were on a date with a guy who ate something that was still alive, it would really put me off.

Do you have a date, Woolly?

Your date o:)

wolram

Gold Member
If I were on a date with a guy who ate something that was still alive, it would really put me off.

Do you have a date, Woolly?
I wish i did, but the fact is no one loves me ( sob)
:grumpy:

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

mathwonk

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Love is not a prerequisite for a date. Girls have told me that just being invited for a nice meal is sufficient to get a date. Maybe those were poor hungry college girls.

Lisa!

Gold Member
That depends on who's gonna pay for it...:biggrin:

wolram

Gold Member
That depends on who's gonna pay for it...:biggrin:
I think we should go Dutch .

but how would a girl feel about grey bodily hair

Evo

Mentor
Why would you go to eat for a first date ? To be committed for food and have to stay there if one of you just sucks , and the other would like to be anywhere else, but not at that table? Try something casual. If it works, dinner will come naturally :P

So, don't schedule to eat at your first date :P

Girls have told me that just being invited for a nice meal is sufficient to get a date.
My WL coach has a daughter which is 13 years old. She was in the training hall last week. She told us that some boys in class at school all the time invite the girls to soda or bring them chocolate. Then she goes on saying, that they wouldn't even hold their hands, they dont need too, because boys are fools and the dorks pay anyway.

Fast forward those girls into college. Im already laughing :P

Hmmm... I think I'd avoid tomato soup, and...

Live Collosal Squid (catch your own!)