1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What on Earth is this?

1. Jan 11, 2006 #1
    I hope this link loads...if it does, could someone direct me to a site that'd tell me what that is?

As we have seen in this module, the waters off the coast of Peru are special indeed. Can you name the important Primary Consumer in the above pictures? It's not necessary to name the specific species.

I scanned over the topics of each lesson and none mentiond Peru...so, I settled for rereading several articles I was linked to and I'm still not entirely sure.

I eliminated phytoplankton so that'd also eliminate diatoms, right? I, at one point, thought it was a Copepod because of a picture on this site here but I need the points for this assignment...I wasn't sure if I should submit that answer.:frown:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 11, 2006 #2

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I think your copepod guess is on the right track. Some sort of shrimp.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?