Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What or who currently scares you the most and why ?

1. Mar 8, 2004 #1
    What or who currently is it (as in any person/s, or any thing/s) that seriously or humorously scares the hell out of you the most and why ?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 8, 2004 #2
    Now, what scares me most is the upcoming A-level exams, which will start at the end of this month. I can't predict what results I'll get, unlike the public exams that I sat for 2 years ago in which I could really predict the grades that I could be able to get. Also, time is running short and I'm afraid I can't finish revising everything before the exams come. And the challenge of having 6 hours examination in one day is scary too. 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon, the only break is the 2 hours lunch break.

4. Mar 8, 2004 #3
    Timed exams scare me the most. They make me nervous. I'm a slow guy. I eat slow, I walk slow, I talk slow...

I'm a guy that talks his time strolling slowly through life. :wink:

The person that scares me the most is any political leader of the USA.

5. Mar 8, 2004 #4

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

snakes scare me real bad...
    the american government is beginning to scare me...

6. Mar 8, 2004 #5

Tsu

Gold Member

Me too, Kerrie...on both points.

7. Mar 8, 2004 #6
    Yeah, I have a bad feeling about that guy...

8. Mar 8, 2004 #7
    The three things that scare me the most are work, competition and violence, all of which contrive against the creation of a truly liberated society. What's scarier is that things seem to be getting worse in this regard.

9. Mar 9, 2004 #8

Njorl

Science Advisor

My daughter scares me. She has no fear and feels little pain. She is always reckless, and enjoys terrifying me with her stunts. I have been aging at double-rate for the last 7 years.

Njorl

10. Mar 9, 2004 #9
    What scares me is the excessive thirst of power of some politicians
    Also, its fault of scruples in some aspects
    In my region, the advisor (J.L. Carod-Rovira) of our president (P. Maragall) has recently been forced to resign of his position, after was discovered that he was in secret negotiations with the terrorist group ETA. I prefer not to give the exact number of murders that ETA has performed in my country--is scary.

11. Mar 9, 2004 #10

jimmy p

Gold Member

Wolves with bees in their mouths. So every time they bark, bees fly out. Imagine them chasing you and you will understand.

Thanx a lot Simpsons.

12. Mar 9, 2004 #11
    I know a lot of people are scared of syringes. Now with so many diseases, even more reason to be scared of them.

A number 1 fear is actually Public Speaking.

Which I hate doing.

13. Mar 9, 2004 #12

Evo

Staff: Mentor

me too, on both

14. Mar 9, 2004 #13
    i am deathly afraid of lonelyness........an spiders......and misspelling every work I write.

Anyone want to invent a pen that spell checks or shocks you when you spell a work wrong.

Pan

15. Mar 9, 2004 #14

Tsu

Gold Member

I like it. The Shock and Awe Error Detection Pen.

16. Mar 9, 2004 #15
    I fear not taking my medicines. I also fear aptly named "terrorism" and how my government seems to exacerbate it, especially for us here near DC.

17. Mar 10, 2004 #16

Njorl

Science Advisor

I'm shopping for a new house in the DC area. I'm thinking of asking the realtor, "I'd like something convenient to downtown, but outside the 10 megaton blast radius. Oh, and can you show me some prevailing wind patterns?"

Njorl

18. Mar 11, 2004 #17
    I feared seeing the "views" (edit) on this thread holding at 222 so I changed it to 223. Whew.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2004
  19. Mar 11, 2004 #18
    As a junior in high school I took 6 AP tests, which amounts to 18 hours of official testing (answering questions) and about 24 hours of actual testing (answering questions and filling out paperwork) over the course of a week and a half. They were all academic subjects, too. I was also almost drop-dead sick for the last 3 tests, too. I think I slept for about 18 hours after the last one. Yeah, tests are fun.

Afraid? I don't believe in fear.

cookiemonster

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?