Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What Podcasts do you listen to?

1. Nov 12, 2009 #1
    Hello

I have just started listening to Podcasts once again and would like to know if there are any good scientific ones out there that I am missing! So far I only have the Nature one, and Scientific American. Unfortunately these seems to be strongly biased towards biology, zoology, ecology and the like, whereas I'm much more into physical sciences.

Any good suggestions out there?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 12, 2009 #2

Pythagorean

Gold Member

yeah, what is it with physics being so elusive in this regard?

4. Nov 12, 2009 #3
    ricky gervais

5. Nov 13, 2009 #4
    Actually I sort of take back what I said about scientific american, I just found a pair of episodes earlier this year (I think) covering a press conference with Alan Guth and 3 more cosmologists, discussing the future of cosmology for 40 minutes, which was really good.

But that's a single bus journey for me... I need that twice every day ideally!

6. Nov 13, 2009 #5

whs

I am currently subscribed to:

"The Naked Scientists" - Naked Science Radio show
    "Are We Alone?" -Science radio for Thinking Species

and "Stuff You Should Know".

The first two are more scientific and cover all sorts of topics.

7. Nov 15, 2009 #6
    the BBC have some that are OK...

8. Nov 15, 2009 #7

rhody

Gold Member

A personal favorite:

http://www.ted.com/talks" [Broken]

TED stands for Technology Engineering and Design, it has been around since 1984 I believe and their talks are updated monthly, talks range from 4 minutes to about 20 minutes.

There are world class economists, physicists (George Smoot, Stephen Hawking, Murray Gell-Mann, Garrett Lisi), Nobel Prize winners, musicians, adventurer's, etc...

Site has easy search feature, and a good feedback mechanism built in to the forum.

I have about 30 or so talks on my iTouch...

Good Luck...

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  9. Nov 17, 2009 #8
    I like the skeptics guide to the universe.Just google it if you are interested.

10. Nov 18, 2009 #9
    Sgu is a top podcast they talk about alot if areas o science. Also check out Astronomy Cast if at all interested in astro, it's a but introductory at times but I have learned a bit from it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook