What political inclination would you describe yourself as?

• News
  • Thread starter Char. Limit
  • Start date

What political inclination would you describe yourself as?

• Liberal

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Conservative

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Libertarian

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Statist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Centrist

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • I don't do politics.

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters
Actually, if you are independent, you still have opinions. They just don't fall into place on a party line.

Also, haven't you been looking at Massachusetts? There were three times as many Democrats as Republicans, but Independents outnumbered them both, and Independents were responsible for the Republican victory.
"Independent" does not describe any sort of political philosophy/inclination other than, perhaps, an aversion to party politics. For the question in your OP it is not a very useful descriptor.

Char. Limit
Gold Member
That's true.

I just wanted to defend the idea that Independents have opinions and power.

That's true.

I just wanted to defend the idea that Independents have opinions and power.
Isn't independence an assumption when talking about political views? In other words, how do you define politically dependent.

I would best describe myself as an outcast.

Personally i support neo marxist theory........

I would sum up my ideology this way:

Fiscally and foreign policy wise, I am conservative.
Socially, I am liberal.
Mainly I just want government to be involved in as little as possible (within reason).

Char. Limit
Gold Member
I think a synonym for that is "libertarian".

Discouraged.
that's pretty much where i am these days. i've come to realize that politics comes from the Greek poly and ticks meaning many parasites.

the only party i ever registered as was Libertarian, but over time i came to realize that they were simply parasites of the sociopathic persuasion.

I think a synonym for that is "libertarian".
Yeah, kinda.

I guess that I could be labeled that but I do differ from the libertarians on some things. First off, I am not as "radical" as some libertarians are. Some want to abolish taxes and privatize the school system. I do not want this. Also, many libertarians believe in conspiracy theories because they distrust the government. I hate conspiracy theories and, though I do want minimal government involvement, I do not think that the government is some sort of "evil empire". I follow a libertarian ideology but like to think of myself as more reasonable. Also, I simply do not like labeling myself as a single party. My beliefs encompass more than one party's beliefs.