What political persuasion are you?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary: Libertarian.In summary, you are a new school Democrat, a capitalist Republican, or a Don't Tread on Me Libertarian.
You Are a New School Democrat

You like partying and politics - and are likely to be young and affluent.

You're less religious, traditional, and uptight than most Democrats.

Smoking pot, homosexuality, and gambling are all okay in your book.

You prefer that the government help people take care of themselves.

hmmm, I am not american so this is null and void ;)

Physics news on Phys.org
russ_watters said:
I'm mixing concepts a little (or, perhaps, the concepts should be combined), but I'm a really big fan of charter schools too.
I'm not a big fan of either. I think all it does is siphon money away from the poor (as in unfortunate, not necessarily in terms of wealth, although not necessarily unrelated) kids who are already handicapped by disinterested parents. As Chi Meson has pointed out here before, it's easy for the private schools to look good, because they can be choosy about who they admit, and the parents of those kids obviously consider education a priority, and when you pull out all the top students, and leave behind the bottom of the class and all the special needs students in public schools, the overall class averages look more and more disparate between private and public schools, with less resources for those who most need them. If I'm going to have to pay school taxes despite not having any children, then I want all children to have an equal chance for an education, not just hand lump sums to the rich so their kids can go off to a private school. If they want to send their kids to private school, do it with their own money, not mine.

I gave up after the first three questions. I don't agree with any of the answers presented to me.

Bull****, really.

Lisa! said:
I'm a Liberal for life, althou I chose Democrat for the last question! :bugeye:

Same thing wif me:rofl:

I wonder what Che would think...:rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
:rofl: That's pretty funny coming from a Canadian. :biggrin:

I was suprised too. I also didn't vote conservative this election.

You make up the conservative, Christian, dedicated core of the Republican Party.
You believe it's important for religious people to stand up for their beliefs in politics.
And for you, this means voting your conscience - which almost always means voting Republican.
Your pet causes include the sanctity of life, school vouchers, and prayer in school.

This is not acurate at all. I almost never vote republican: in my opinion they've betrayed their values and sunk to the lowest common deminator of only trying to get votes. I am strongly religious, love the sanctity of life, but deathly opposed to both democrats and republicans. This blog doesn't have a choice for people like me, its created with the status quo in mind.

ComputerGeek said:
Any one have the link to that good political test? you know the one that plots you on a graph between liberal and conservative in the horizontal axis and libertarian and authoritarian on the vertical axis?
I bumped it up.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=82393

You Are a Liberal Republican said:
When you tell people that you're Republican, they rarely believe you.

That's because you're socially liberal - likely pro-choice and pro-gay rights.

You're also not so afraid of big goverment, as long as it benefits people and not politicians.

You are the most likely of any Republican type to swing over to the Democrat side sometimes.
The first line is true and I do vote for Democrats occasionally (Ken Salazar is easily better than his Republican counterpart, Wayne Allard). Most of my friends find it hard to believe I'm Republican. But then again, I'm a defense contractor living in Colorado Springs - home to James Dobson, Focus on the Family headquarters, and five military installations. Most of the people I know are extremely conservative. This is the first place I've ever lived where I was considered a liberal.

It said I was a "DOn't Tread on Me Libertarian". :rofl: I don't think I'm anything close to that. I've seen what the Libertarian platform consists of and I don't think I'm not on track with hardly any of their ideals.

I wonder what I really am politically though. Here in MA I think I'm center or a little to the right. My wife is a little left. When we were in CA she was considered a little to the right and I might have well as been wearing a brown shirt and goose stepping everywhere :rofl:

The Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -4.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.05

Wow I'm about 1/4 the way down into the lower left part of the chart. That's a little more detailed test than the first one so I guess it gets me closer to how I m politically (socio/economically).

I'm in the Dahli Lama Nelson Mandela section.