1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What program to use for this

1. Oct 4, 2013 #1
    I have made a sketch on paper of my machine, but I want to draw it specifically in 3d, with places for wires to go and such details. If air resistance could be calculated that'd be great too.

So what good software on windows 7 are there for this?

For a start a free software would be nice,

-Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 4, 2013 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

sketchup

4. Oct 4, 2013 #3
    woop woop ! I just tried it and it's beyond my expectations for a free program, I'll definetly be moving over too the computer from paper and pen !

5. Oct 8, 2013 #4

Bobbywhy

Gold Member

@phinds: woop woop, too!

I've just provided the link in Portuguese for this remarkable FREE resource to our local High School students here in the state of Tocantins, Brasil. Members of the faculty are already buzzing about how each one can utilize this cool tool! Thanks a lot for the link.

Bobbywhy

6. Oct 8, 2013 #5

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Yeah, it's a neat program. I do woodworking and I find it invaluable for laying out designs and making sure I know how the joints are going to work. Being able to see them in 3D and rotate them all around is really helpful.

7. Oct 10, 2013 #6

Bobbywhy

Gold Member

8. Oct 12, 2013 #7
    Thanks mate! but I've already moved over to the illegal version of solidworks :D

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook