What SciFi universe would you live in?

In other forums, the Pokémon universe seems to be a popular answer to this sort of question. My answer would be: give me a couple months to write one up and I will go there!

I like star trek, too. No, holodeck is not everything Greg. It's the culture, where human (and Star Federation) is much more refined than us.
Are they really? No cybernetic immortality, no cloning and they actually make genetic engineering illegal (for humans anyway). Khan was right—they basically haven't changed any since the 20th century. The Federation seems like a big prison humanity gets stuck in.

If I had to pick a universe, I think it'd be the Marvel Comics universe. Because I'd be constantly reinvented every few years, and every time I died, I'd just come back from the dead. And the special effects would be awesome.

Last edited:

meBigGuy

Gold Member
If I had to pick a universe, I think it'd be the Marvel Comics universe. Because I'd be constantly reinvented every few years, and every time I died, I'd just come back from the dead. And the special effects would be awesome.
Hard to see how one could enjoy dying every few years. Especially bloody violent deaths at the hands of evil doers. How do you guarantee you would be re-written? seems like you would like Scalzi's Redshirts Universe.

meBigGuy

Gold Member
If you happen to be the one guy they write back in. It's which universe.

How do you guarantee you would be re-written?
Because writers come and go, but fans last forever.

Have you ever tried it? Besides, you get a snazzier costume in every incarnation.
Except sometimes they make a movie and you get a crappy movie costume instead. But there again is the self-correcting mechanism: fans.

Futurama and it's not even close.

It's like all the best bits of all the best worlds. But better.

If it weren't for the Reapers then it would be Mass Effect. It is a relatively peaceful Science Fiction universe with only two major galactic wars having occurred in the last nearly three millenia and there is a wealth of technology that improves the quality of one's life like life extension that could be used to have a lifespan triple that of the current lifespan average of 80. And it would be a universe very socially adaptable to me.

The Piers Anthony Apprentice Adept Universe. I would want to be a decadent Proton Citizen!