What should i do a project on?

• Thread starter Theo1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Project
In summary, the conversation is about a project that the person needs to complete, which can be on any topic they choose. They have until May to complete it and are interested in quantum physics, relativity, and astronomy. They are considering topics such as time travel and space colonization, but are open to other suggestions. The expert suggests exploring the field of QCD and its applications as a potential topic for the project.
Theo1
I have to to do project of between 4000-6000 words and give a 15 min presentation at the end of it...it can be on WHATEVER I LIKE...i have until May so i have lots of time! However i have no idea what to do it on.

I am 18 and going to study Physics/ Astrophysics/ Natural science next year at university so not anything TOO complicated, however i would like to make it close to university standard as it a national project. I am very interested in quantum physics (quarks mainly), relativity and astronomy - however not so much in Biology and Chemistry.

Thoughts sofar are:
Time travel (time dilation)
Space Colonization - of moon/ mars/ space stations

Could you give your opinions on these topics but also suggest a few more that i could explore!

Physics news on Phys.org
Sounds cool! I always though QCD was a very interesting area of research perhaps you can gain an understanding and study its applications.

1. What factors should I consider when deciding on a project topic?

When choosing a project topic, it is important to consider your interests, skills, and available resources. You should also think about the purpose of your project and how it aligns with your goals and objectives.

2. How do I come up with a unique project idea?

One way to come up with a unique project idea is to brainstorm with others, such as classmates or colleagues. You can also look for inspiration from current events, literature, or your own personal experiences.

3. Is it better to choose a broad or specific project topic?

This depends on the scope of your project and your objectives. A broad topic may allow for more creativity and exploration, while a specific topic may require more focused research and analysis.

4. How can I ensure my project is feasible?

To ensure your project is feasible, you should conduct research and gather information about the resources, time, and expertise needed to complete it. You should also consider any potential limitations or challenges that may arise.

5. Should I choose a project topic that is related to my field of study or something completely new?

Both options can be beneficial. Choosing a topic related to your field of study can deepen your knowledge and skills, while choosing something new can challenge you and expand your perspective. Consider your goals and interests when making this decision.